- Time: Tuesday at 9:15 AM PST / 12:15 PM EST / 5:15 PM UTC.
- Place: Mozilla HQ, Warp Core
- Phone (US/Intl): 650 903 0800 x92 Conf: 8616#
- Phone (Toronto): 416 848 3114 x92 Conf: 8616#
- Phone (US): 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf: 8616#
- 1 Technical
- 1.1 Ops
- 1.2 Engineering
- 1.2.1 Account Management Portal (Toby)
- 1.2.2 Next-gen Reg/Sync Server (Tarek)
- 1.2.3 PAKE server (Tarek)
- 1.2.4 Identity Server (JR)
- 1.2.5 Firefox Home 2.0 (Stefan)
- 1.2.6 Firefox Home 1.1.1 (Stefan)
- 1.2.7 Fennec performance issues (philipp)
- 1.2.8 Fx4 Sync Blockers (philipp/rnewman)
- 1.2.9 Notifications (Shane/Alex)
- 2 QA
- 3 Metrics
- 4 Product
- 5 Security
- 6 Marketing
- 7 Roundtable
Upcoming production work
Account Management Portal (Toby)
Next-gen Reg/Sync Server (Tarek)
- waiting for QA on stage -- once stage is up-to-date
PAKE server (Tarek)
- Infrasec needs to verify the latest changes on the CEF logs
Identity Server (JR)
- rnewmann has first pass of js iframe talking back to server (few issues with same site permissions caused more than a few headaches).
- need to talk to telliott to load user data to LDAP (as well as discuss data storage)
- need to build out json response and supplemental auth page.
Firefox Home 2.0 (Stefan)
Firefox Home 1.1.1 (Stefan)
Localization complete. Making final build today. \o/
Fennec performance issues (philipp)
- Instrumented Sync to gather numbers on how often the main thread is blocked
- Results at https://wiki.mozilla.org/User:Philikon/SyncInstrumentation
- Next: tune batch sizes and yield to main thread more often
Fx4 Sync Blockers (philipp/rnewman)
- 1 UI softblocker
- demo of 1st month prototype
- We're waiting on bug 627552 - Python server at stage-auth doesn't actually sync - so we can get through a full QA pass of the python stuff.
- Just talked to Toby in this meeting -- need to test stage account portal to make sure websites (delete account, reset password) are all working. Get a testplan and site from toby.
- FF home 1.1.1 - smoketest final build and target signoff to app store submission EOD
- (tchung) get a droid 2 to philikon to test sync history I/O threading
Notes and actions
- On track with SCL2, 3 cabinets available right now and more available if needed. Load testing to start in the next couple of days.
- Account Management portal is blocked on Ops resources who are working on SCL2 bringup.
- SCL2 deployment will be two stages: (1), we put it out there, and test it. (2) we actually launch it in some user-visible way. And (2) will happen before Fx4 launch.
- ID server looks like it's on track.
- Philikon has started getting numbers on Sync Perf. Highlights:
- Sync blocks main thread too often for too long.
- History blocks main thread for too long - not sure why?