- Time: Tuesday at 9:15 AM PST / 12:15 PM EST / 5:15 PM UTC.
- Place: Mozilla HQ, Warp Core
- Phone (US/Intl): 650 903 0800 x92 Conf: 8616#
- Phone (Toronto): 416 848 3114 x92 Conf: 8616#
- Phone (US): 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf: 8616#
- 1 Technical
- 1.1 Ops
- 1.2 Engineering
- 1.2.1 Account Management Portal (Toby)
- 1.2.2 Next-gen Reg/Sync Server (Tarek)
- 1.2.3 PAKE server (Tarek)
- 1.2.4 Identity Server (JR)
- 1.2.5 Firefox Home 2.0 (Stefan)
- 1.2.6 Firefox Home 1.1.1 (Stefan)
- 1.2.7 Fennec performance issues (philipp)
- 1.2.8 Fx4 Sync Blockers (philipp/rnewman)
- 1.2.9 Notifications (Shane/Alex)
- 2 QA
- 3 Metrics
- 4 Product
- 5 Security
- 6 Marketing
- 7 Roundtable
Upcoming production work
Account Management Portal (Toby)
Waiting on one final push with some small css changes and we're ready to go.
Note that as part of the go-live, we need to change the WEAVE_BASE_URL on sreg to point at https://account.services.mozilla.com/forgot (https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=631279). We also need to start redirecting the pages on services.mozilla.com (delete account and forgot password)
Next-gen Reg/Sync Server (Tarek)
- QA pending for Storage
- Sreg done
- now building mozilla_sreg.py in server-core
PAKE server (Tarek)
- This item could be moved to inactive projects
Identity Server (JR)
- Met with Thunder RE latest ID Server design.
- Wrote draft spec based on that conversation. (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6767318/IDSpec2.odt) (Will be moved to intranet wiki once preliminary write up is done.)
- Started preliminary work on scale and timelines for new system.
- Finalize draft spec for v. 42.0.1β of Identity Server Spec & Requirements
- Begin redesign and reworking of server for new spec
Firefox Home 2.0 (Stefan)
Firefox Home 1.1.1 (Stefan)
Fennec performance issues (philipp)
Grinding along! Lots of perf/GC improvements and removing rough edges.
Preliminary results: https://wiki.mozilla.org/User:Philikon/SyncInstrumentation#Preliminary_results
Fx4 Sync Blockers (philipp/rnewman)
Not really blockers:
- bug 629463 to not show error on broken client record
- POST Office and Client Agent have been fully implemented w.r.t. draft spec
- Browser client can consume notifications from message broker after requesting a queue from the Client Agent; still figuring out key exchanging with Sync server
- Plan to have full cycle up and working by Friday
- Sync engine used to hold app subscription keys created
- Set up an infrastructure to pull a queue name from the client agent w.r.t draft
- Able to pull notifications using amqp protocol from the queue appointed to the client.
- waiting for go for phase I testing of next gen server
- waiting on account portal going live (awaiting email from ops)
- All security reviews complete (major security issues addressed)
- Hooking up CEF logging (os level) for account portal in prod today
Notes and actions
- SCL2 should be ready to take on live users this week (target: Wed)
- Load tests are being run right now. Target for initial sync is 100K/hour.
- Account Portal is going to be launched in production today and be user facing either Wed/Thurs.
- Tomorrow's nightly is a good target for all the perf fixes to be tested by a wider audience.
- March 15 is the target readiness date.
- General consensus around the room that everyone is good and confident with that date.
- An add-on update will be required to be completed by 3/15 as well to bring add-on users up to the latest sync changes and also auto disable itself on Fx 4.