- Time: Tuesday at 9:15 AM PST / 12:15 PM EST / 5:15 PM UTC.
- Place: Mozilla HQ, Warp Core
- Phone (US/Intl): 650 903 0800 x92 Conf: 8616#
- Phone (Toronto): 416 848 3114 x92 Conf: 8616#
- Phone (US): 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf: 8616#
- 1 Technical
- 1.1 Ops
- 1.2 Engineering
- 2 QA
- 3 Metrics
- 4 Product
- 5 Security
- 6 Marketing
- 7 Roundtable
Upcoming production work
Account Management Portal (Toby)
Done. Live. Woot!
Next-gen Reg/Sync Server (Tarek)
PAKE server (Tarek)
Identity Server (JR)
- Handed over spec to Thunder for refinements and additions. (Published publicly
- coded mongo db interfaces, & test cases. Built prelim. server API (continuing test cases)
- Various ID discussions with rnewman & thunder
- finish test cases
- talk with petef re: opt. db server deployment
- add latest spec deltas
Project wiki: MozillaID
Firefox Home 2.0
First rough demo on http://fxho.me .. contains both live sync data and fake data.
Later today first meeting to figure out a more concrete plan for version 1.0.
Fennec performance issues (philipp)
- Killed most history events >150ms
- Broke up long blocking password and form events into smaller chunks. They're now bound by the synchronous I/O which is in the 500-2000ms range.
- Pretty much any improvement at this point requires platform API support, e.g.:
- async bulk APIs for forms, passwords, bookmarks
- improved API for history (less callbacks, accept strings instead of nsIURI, etc.)
- tailoured crypto API to encrypt and sign records
Fx4 Sync Blockers (philipp/rnewman)
- Our last Fennec blockers landed on m-c last night.
- fx-sync is on its way to retirement, for add-on bugfixes only. Long live services-central!
- Full-circle workflow is now fully functional
- Sync key exchange on multiple clients
- Currently wrapping up encryption and HMAC support
- Testing 1.7; extension and interaction with Fx4
- Didnt know about python sync server going live on SCL2, before staging signoff. Need to force a few production test accounts for testing.
- Did know about Account portal though, and signed off testing there.
- Planning currently underway for Fx 5 and beyond within Product team. See #services for link.
- Expect conversations around this in the upcoming days to jump start projects.
Notes and actions
- SCL2 roll out went well. We have a few thousand users now.
- Account portal is up and live.
- PHX firewall issue is being monitored, not expected to have major impact on Sync users.
- By next meeting we should have a project plan for Identity ready for review.
- Fennec Perf - we have done everything we can from Sync's end. Other fixes will need changes to APIs Sync uses (like Password Manager, Places etc).
- MConnor to follow up with Stuart to ensure we're all on the same page.
- 1.7 QA sign off targeting tomorrow (assuming no major issues).
- Jeff and Tony to figure out sign off process.
Follow ups from last week
- SCL2 should be ready to take on live users this week (target: Wed)
- Load tests are being run right now. Target for initial sync is 100K/hour.
- Account Portal is going to be launched in production today and be user facing either Wed/Thurs.
- Tomorrow's nightly is a good target for all the perf fixes to be tested by a wider audience.
- March 15 is the target readiness date.
- General consensus around the room that everyone is good and confident with that date.
- An add-on update will be required to be completed by 3/15 as well to bring add-on users up to the latest sync changes and also auto disable itself on Fx 4.