Plan for shipping Sync Atomic IO in Firefox
- Atomic writes storage server code complete and ready for testing
- Server Staged
- Server test pass 1 completed (smoke level test pass)
- Server is ready for client to be developed against (not officially ready for client testing)
- Server test pass 2 - server can handle production traffic for at least one node.
- no more than 10% regression in queries per sec
- no regression in count of 503 statuses emitted.
- no blockers
- Need to fix sharding issue, merge all code to master, and final test pass
- Ops run live traffic testing to baseline performance chars
- Tune record size config from data around test nodes.
- Server is deployed to production (server can handle atomic and partial writes from client based on header)
- Client can land in Nightly using production sync server. Server is backward compatible and sends atomic IO support header.
- Measure and analyze traffic and behavior.
- Upon 'GO' from testing and metrics, clients ride train to Release channel using production server
- Currently we are at Step 5
- Client support is not blocked and active for Android, iOS, and Desktop.
Karl/Bobm to define "Test Pass 2"
- Need test plan for roll back scenarios, server switches headers from support to no-atomic writes support.