Contribute/Archive/Community Building Team/Meetings/2014-05-19

From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Core team weekly meeting
Date & Time: Monday 19 May 2014 @ 5pm UTC
Location: CBT vidyo room (
Moderator: David 
Last agenda + notes:
Parking lot:



  • Please read -- we won't go through this information together in the meeting, but everyone needs to know about this.  Send any questions or comments to the team alias.

  • No team meeting next week on May 26 because of US holiday.  David is also on PTO this Wed-Fri.
    • Michelle is facilitating TRIBE storytelling next Wed/Thurs, and will be on PTO Friday
      • Larissa is in the TRIBE session Michelle is leading.

  • 1:1s for this week
  • Communications
    • What we'll share with the project this week
      • about:mozilla newsletter reboot and contribution submission form
    • What we'll share with the People team this week
      • Note about Ally stepping up as People Steward and what that role is (voluntary Community Manager for teams without dedicated staff) and what  things she will work on [Carryover]
    • What will we share with the People leads this week
      • David out this Thursday

  • Strategy lens discussions
    • No update for last week.  There was a senior team offsite (SC+VPs) at the end of last week though and I'll share more about that when I find out.  I also prepared an update for Debbie on the 10x goal for her to take there (see below)

  • Other items
    • Debbie asked me to prepare information about progress toward the 10x goal and the risks and opportunities we're facing.  This was a last minute request that came in the day before the senior offsite, so I didn't have time to create it collaboratively -- I do think it captures the discussions we've been having lately.  Interested in people's thoughts.
    • Next steps with volunteer policy docs
      • For the public document, I'll blog about the agreement and share it on an upcoming project call and then we can plan to have it go live on as part of an upcoming Get Involved page update
      • For the internal policy document, we'll need to find time to go through it together to make sure we're all well versed in it.  Maybe something for an in person discussion in August at our work week?


Action items (last 5 minutes)

  • Action items from today

  • Action items from last week: