Contribute/Lifecycle/learning and preparing for growth
Learning and preparing for growth
Clients at this stage have connected with some volunteers and are interested in learning about how to build on what is working and laying the groundwork for scaling.
Measure of Success
New contributors (roughly more than 25) must be moving into/through the pathway and getting connected to opportunities
- Identify gaps and inefficiencies in the pathway
- Optimize Contribution pathway
- Create or connect to systems that will measure progress in pathways (THIS IS WHERE SYSTEMS AND DATA COMES IN)
- Define and track Casual/Active/Core Conversion points as part of pathways
- Document Community Practices
- Develop Core Community
- Identify Community “Librarian” or Record Keeper Empower Community members into the roles of community Librarians
- Creating community resources and organizing materials into the community’s taxonomy
- Helping activator identify the gaps in that knowledge
- Taking and editing notes at community meetings
- Connecting community members with others experts in the field and in the organization.
Awaiting your awesome input!
Activator role in this stage
Changes to “Community Management” THEY WILL NEED HELP HERE!
- Needs to start delegating work to community members and other team resources to accomplish milestones.
- The key domain issue as a community grows is defining its role in the organization and its relationship to other domains.
- Maintain community focus to core purpose. Encourage innovation that leads to purpose, find outlets for innovation that is distracting from the purpose of the community.
- The key practice issue at this point shifts from simply sharing ideas and insights to organizing the community’s knowledge and taking stewardship seriously.
- As the community develops a stronger sense of itself, the core members frequently begin to see gaps in the community’s knowledge, identify its cutting edge, and feel a need to be more systematic in their definition of the community’s core practice.”
- Help activators and teams understand opportunities to connect at scale and create plan to start advertising their contributions opportunities.
- Help Activators on defining their contributor personas ( what the people most likely to be interested in contributing are doing/learning/motivated by) and help them plan for ways to connect to them directly through events, outreach, and and and…
- Activator has trouble or feels overwhelmed because they aren’t delegating
- There are no trusted community members to delegate to.
- The systems and data could be blocked technically or politically, or by bullshit.
Deliverables / Checklist
|Identify gaps and inefficiencies in the pathway||Activator||CBT liaison||Documentation about gaps/inefficiencies|
|Optimize Contribution pathway||Activator||CBT liaison||Documentation about revised pathway|
|Create or connect to systems that will measure progress in pathways||Activator||CBT liaison + others||documentation + contribution dashboard|
|Define and track Casual/Active/Core Conversion points as part of pathways||Activator||CBT liaison||documentation|
|Document Community Practices||Activator||CBT liaison||documentation|
|Develop Core Community (mentorship/recognition, etc part of pathway)||Activator||CBT liaison||tbd|
|Identify Community “Librarian” or Record Keeper||Activator||CBT liaison||tbd|