- Met with Laura during the all-hands to talk through priorities - covers desktop and mobile.
- Bob Moss has a new hire that will help us with some of the Socorro front-end work.
- Skip list for mobile - still waiting on this. Should be done this week. Bug 683385
- Bug 686973.
- Some interesting ideas came out of the crash session ie: automate a way to detect regressions, email developers
- Still issues around making progress on long tail, getting people to focus on crashes
- Want to look into other ways to set stability targets
- Crashes per 1 million page loads
- Fix all reproducible crashes
- Triage and cleanup the crash list
- Need to come up with some Q4 goals here.
- Datamgr dll versions - need to figure out what we should block, get agreement and get it done.
- Mac crash is out of process plugins and get "no report available" - Bug 658130
- Bug 684748 - crash when Comcast Constant Guard installed. Very high volume last week 80K per week. We are telling users to uninstall and that works. White Sky says a fix is coming soon - need outreach help.
- Crash rate pretty good.
- Build on the 17th that introduced a bunch of new crashes. We backed out some stuff and it seems to have resolved the issues. We have some residual crashes still in old builds.
- Type inference crashes -
- Still 8 open bugs - nice to get many of these fixed.
Aurora & Beta
- FF7b6 - volume still low - 12K users so not much data yet.
- Bug 687001 - @ JSLinearString::mark - only with Aurora and FF7. There is a windows version of this crash Bug 686441. Seems to be related to Better Facebook extension.
- Bug 620122 - crash [@ nsContentList::PopulateSelf(unsigned int)]. Old crash rising on Beta but we don't know why yet.
- Skip list will get done this week.
- Ted's crash symbol sender is working well - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=664510 Bug 664510. People need to install the add-on to Fennec to get the symbols. Naoki is evangelizing this on the lists. If you have a reproducible crash and we are not getting symbols for it, please install this.
- Hearing reports that the crash reporter is not submitting. Need something to track this - Naoki will figure out if there is bug logged for this so we can track. Bug 686800. Check about:crashes and submit reports.
- Naoki still working on crash list for this week.
- top crashes
- bug 661158 - 13% of mobile crashes on 8.0 and needs an owner.
- Naoki still working on the detailed report for this week.