Ted walk-through of Breakpad
- Working on version to spit out JSON - better data format. Breakpad work done, Socorro work blocked on Metrics (Metrics stores all the data). They were concerned about having the capacity to save this type of data - requires more disk space. What do we do with the old data - migrate it? Not on Metrics short-term plan.
- Breakpad has some code to do exploitability announces.
- How much development is going into breakpad - our side, Ted, Ben, Jim D. On Google side, nobody on full team. Chrome team uses it so they will fix stuff.
- Any other people other than Google and us using Breakpad significantly - Foul, Spotify.
- Hooking a new product up to the crash reporter
- Client side bits are really easy
- Need some tweaks for B2G
- Easy to get it hooked up
- Submitting crash reports also easy
- More involved pieces on the Socorro side
- What info is in the mini dump that we don't extract right now
- We have the register state of every thread
- Just gives you more state info about what was going on
- On Linux there is a bunch of info we don't expose - mappings, CPU info, stuff like that
- Uploading symbols