Using Firefox Developer Tools
Have a question about how to use the features in Developer Tools, or looking for more details about one of the specific tools? See the Official Developer Tools Documentation. If this still doesn't answer your question, let us know. We have more information on our Getting Involved page if you need to report a bug or request a feature.
Follow Our Development
What is the best way to follow along with Firefox Developer Tools? Updates are posted by @FirefoxDevTools, we have blog posts on the Developer Tools Category on Mozilla Hacks, and you can check out our weekly meetings if you want more information. We also have a triage list of bugs, and a planning document for upcoming releases. Check out our team page to meet some of the people working on Developer Tools.
We have a weekly meeting to discuss progress on our tools and other topics related to web tooling. View the Weekly Meeting Etherpad, and use the history slider to see past notes.
Time and phone numbers:
- Thursdays - 9:00am Pacific, 12:00pm Eastern, 5:00pm UTC
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99459
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99459 (US)
New Contributor Documentation
The list below highlights useful articles for new contributors.
Internal Technical Documentation
The list below includes technical articles about some of the internals of the DevTools.
Remote Debugging Protocol
- Remote Debugging Protocol
- Remote Debugging Protocol Stream Transport
- Manage client-server backward compatibility
- Actor Best Practices
- DevTools Talos Tests (DAMP)
- Operation Instrument: Platform Tracing
- Gaming Tools, enhancements for game developers across all tools