THERE WILL BE NO WEEKLY MEETING SEPTEMBER 27th. We will return October 4.
- Thursday Sep 20, 2012 - 10:00am Pacific, 1:00pm Eastern, 17:00 UTC
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99459
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99459 (US)
- Vidyo room link: https://v.mozilla.com/flex.html?roomdirect.html&key=kJp7HpENLMjj
- #devtools on irc.mozilla.org for backchannel
- Previous Minutes: https://wiki.mozilla.org/DevTools#Meeting_Notes
- faster protocol implementation for local connections (under review) - makes the web console performant again
- landed the server extension API that was blocking profiler, etc. Lots of fixes from the remote profiler and web console work
- r2d2b2g: http://people.mozilla.org/~myk/r2d2b2g/
- DevHub: https://marketplace.mozilla.org/developers/
- B2G app developer interviews
- need docs for B2G remote debugging
- appcache is a opaque pain
- it'd be nice if Firebug's network panel displayed appcache'd results (potch reported that things from appcache behave strangely in Firebug's net panel)
- being able to reload an app remotely (kind of like you can reload a web page) would be awesome
- more tutorials and docs needed (surprise!)
- web console remoting work
- updated patch part 3 (network logging) based on Panos's review. added a NetworkEventActor.
- memleak investigation - some problems found. Panos is also helping a lot. Green runs on my system - unconfirmed yet by try servers.
- general fixes and rebases on top of Panos's debugger changes.
- reviews for web console patches and bug reports.
- copy link location (by anton)
- open link (another contributor)
- web console remoting work
- Honza, Firebug
- Firebug 1.11a4 next week
- SelectBug extension integrated
- JSD2 breakpoint persistence in progress
- Gave my intern presentation on Friday: https://air.mozilla.org/source_maps/
- Have bug 755661 (load sources over protocol) almost ready to land!
- 1 failing mochitest
- 4 tests that pass but there is an error being Cu.reportError'd which should be investigated
- Gave a closing keynote at smashingconf praising developer tools as a quick prototyping tool and a way to make a browser an input and output tool - nothing native can ever do. Slides/Screencast of the live talk is here: http://christianheilmann.com/2012/09/20/to-be-announced-the-closing-keynote-at-smashingconf-2012/ - video will come later.
- Google Summer of Code project for a User specified Content Security Policy complete. The jetpack add-on is on AMO - https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/newusercspdesign/. Call to Devtools Team to take a look and provide feedback on the AMO page (since you are all the expert on developer tools ;) )
- Blog post: https://blog.mozilla.org/tanvi/2012/09/18/user-specified-content-security-policy/
- Landed Bug 62178 - about:config options to block mixed script and mixed display content (users can opt-in). Working on a regression bug, and then will move on to the blocking UI and automatically block mixed script for users.
- Ian Melven mentoring bug on logging iframe sandbox when it is being used ineffectively to the webconsole - Bug https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=752559. Also bug 768664 for violations
- DevTools API stuff
- GCLI Issues
- Misc bugs
- fx-team branch in Github (https://github.com/mozilla/mozilla-central/tree/fx-team)
- Still trying to land 770099 (CSP directive errors in webconsole) - limited by the small, fixed number of Sid Stamms
- Need to catch up with nick on the outstanding debugger bits
- Splitting up GCLI tests
- Moving web console into devtools panel
- DevTools window - toolbox UI
- Moving Debugger into devtools panel
- landed some bugs in Aurora / Beta
- For meetup the next week
- Timetable now on wiki https://intranet.mozilla.org/DevTools/London/Sept2012
- Paul: Look at this: Bug 737003 - Offer a way to apply user agent stylesheet on a given document
Calls to Action
- Give feedback on the user-specified CSP addon: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/newusercspdesign/.
https://etherpad.mozilla.org/appcache <- app cache v2 planning