Standing Agenda Items
Weekly Team Update from Jason
- Jason about to start cracking the whip on content kits. Team up and make it happen. Otherwise, there will be spreadsheets. And assignments. Homework!
- Jason spoke at DevNexus last week -- expected a web focused audience, but that wasn't quite the way things worked out.
- Spent last week at DevNexus
- Demoed all devtools and firefox os in talk
- Employee training
- Met with Shumway team to work a post of current status
- Demoed my Python/Rust FFI talk to ~60 people on Thursday
- Very well received, but folks are still confused about Rust vs. Go.
- Now to wrap up my other PyCon talk...
- Speaking at Midwest JS (August) on Firefox OS app development
- Submitted to Cascadia JS Fest
- Persona Gmail Bridge will be deployed today at 9:30 Pacific
- This concludes up my technical obligations to that project
- Ongoing work on developer event funding
- Initial Valence Content Kit feedback from groovecoder:
- "the content kit itself is good; the good parts of valence are so slim and buggy that I'm going to pass on the talk at TWD. :("
- Android devrel talk w/ Margaret, Jason - https://etherpad.mozilla.org/androidvangelism
- Tech speakers pilot schedule nailed down, a bunch of other stuff
- Built Firefox OS ports quilt - https://dietrich.makes.org/thimble/LTIxMTM3MzIwOTY=/firefox-os-ports-on-xda-developers
- Patch to make Firefox OS faster everywhere - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1143226
- Mozilla Tech Speakers program updates:
- 6 confirmed candidates for Mozilla Tech Speakers, 2 still maybes
- Working on a plan for Speaker Training that scales based on:
- Swag requests for program is in progress: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1142179
- Firefox Apps & Hacks newsletter shipping later this week (If I can get it done)
- Hacks blog: Upcoming -
- An analytics primer for developers by guest author/Rormix app developer Mark Wheeler
- How to make a browser app on Firefox OS (post from TW engineering)
- Submitted to CascadiaJS
- Working on SocketPeer, a simplified library for peer-to-peer data channels with web socket fallback:
- pair-written with cvan
- will this demystify Data channels? 8-)
- working on outline for flex-box content kit
- back from Berlin - there's a) a great bunch of people there b) lots of coffee
- conclusions from meeting with various people: the web needs both good offline support + more people with different use cases involved in spec writing. most of the examples/specs assume perfect conditions.
- getting closer to pushing apps to fx devices via adb with NODE! yay-helpful for future hacks
- heard some cool SW/UI/interaction/app design stuff coming out from gaia V3, might work with people in the London office to prepare some nice demo etc (maybe a hacks article?)
- Add Hacks ideas to https://wiki.mozilla.org/DevRel/Hacks
- Review the CFP calendar
Movement on WebRTC post for Hacks?
Ongoing wrangling. Do we have examples of good posts in the format we're looking for? Louis Stowasser's post on mobile game performance optimization would be good.