Standing Agenda Items
Weekly Team Update from Jason
- Andreas has announced that he's leaving Mozilla to do an IoT startup with Chris Jones.
- David Bryant is acting CTO until we fill that role.
- For now, DevRel stays where it is.
- Looking to fill 1 or 2 headcount this month.
- Hackerplace for add-ons and apps within Firefox OS - to inspire more hacking.
- looking for a collection of certified apps and add-ons.
- you can build Spark on Flames today. All now merged back to B2G
Dietrich/Potch: IDEA: browserifying Johnny 5 (https://github.com/nodebots/)
- 11,000 views on my DevTools intro video from the DevEd 40 Hacks Post!
- Switched to FxOS. It's still pretty rough around the edges
- Working with :drs to coordinate initial content for FxOS Spark's "Hackerplace" software repo
- Final Spark image gets baked on Friday
- Drafting desktop IOT approach (for APIs)
- Release notes feedback with Release Management team, and working with them to get their docs and process in place on the wiki.
- Tech Speakers post-morteming, planning for next steps, talked w/ PeopleRocket
- WebUSB development with Alex Salas
- UX Tech Speakers post-morteming
- OSU Capstone code review
- PSU Capstone status update
- Worked with Casey Yee on platform hacking for the VR browser, they need someone who knows XUL app middle-layer hacking.
- Worked with Daisuke to get WebGPIO/WebI2C patches up on the bugs
- Added moz.jp to the internal iot mailing list
- Worked w/ Peyton to get Taipei office activity report up on the wiki for the weekly project meeting
- Working on Feedback and next steps for Moz Tech Speakers
- Sent 15 question/3 min survey to participants
- Program paths for scaling and iterating.
- Scheduling 1:1s with all our pilots to check in on status of their CFPs and activities.
- Planning for Pilots who are participating at Whistler
- Updating Hacks blog calendar & CFP calendar
- Add Hacks ideas to https://wiki.mozilla.org/DevRel/Hacks
- Review the CFP calendar
(Try to keep things timeboxed and concrete. E.g., can we actually make a yes/no decision in this meeting? If not, discuss on list first.)