Standing Agenda Items
Weekly Team Update from Jason
- Hooray! Everybody is back from PTO and back up to speed
- Spent a ton of time reviewing expense reports, end-of-year event sponsorship requests, etc.
- Sole's intern coming in this summer!
- I must finish your review this week. I can't do this without your Q4 report. PLEASE GET IT IN
- Who's available for GDC March 14-18? (most of us)
- PLEASE use the DevAdvocacy Bugzilla keyword
- PLEASE create more video content
- Put your Q1 goals in by the end of the week
- Havi: Get stats on last two WADI posts on Hacks and forward them to Bill Walker (dwalsh & myk/oghliner)
- Dan: Look into Uservoice + DevRel thread going to Discourse instead?
- Peninsula.js logistics
- ICE video/Hacks
- Working on tons of CFP stuff
- Working on a talk about building "ten foot UIs" for televisions. E.g., office dashboards.
- Viewport units, etc. Provides framing to show off lots of DevTools and newer CSS features
- Working on Peninsula.js website
- Trying to do something similar ot WaffleJS or BrooklynJS
- Putting together a talk on hotreloading when working on DevTools
- Check the CFP calendar - many CFPs closing this Friday and end of month.
- Preparing to launch first Tech Speakers session of 2016 (will be all-women, beginning in early-mid Feb)
- Content planning for tech speaker training & other content for Singapore Leadership Summit (participation)
- Hacks needs posts - please...
- Managing / facilitating consulting / debugging on current activities of the 16 current Tech Speakers
- booking confences, 13 booked, including with 2 workshops, 1 more in progress, waiting to hear from the CFPs: An Event Apart (all 7, one w/workshop), Enhance Conf, Respond Sydney & Melbourne, Web Design Day Pittsburg, Design & Content Vancouver (w/workshop) are booked
- planning a CSS Grid workshop in NYC with fantasai for late Feb: http://fantasai.inkedblade.net/style/events/grid-workshop
- wrote a piece for A List Apart
- had interview at Ampersand Conf transcribed, edited the transcription
- bunch of connecting to people
- email. email. email. trying to get caught up
- Lots of meetings with many people about many topics
- Sent proposals to a couple conferences, did quite a bit of research before writing/sending one to make sure I would not submit something that already exists
- Merging PR from Boo (contributors!!! yay!!!), adding another example
- Preparing for a session about how to do a thing with Web Audio
- Maybe doing some meetuping about connected devices here in London
- Worked on getting Intern Job Listing setup
- Getting GDC planning started March 14-18
- Finalized Headcount
- Dev Edition 45 Release Devrel Planning
- Quarter Reviews
- Reading WebRTC specs and digging through Mozilla code to see how Firefox Implements to work on Nicks project
- Still working on Dev Advocacy Feedback loop with Engineering
- NDA with chipmaker for COAP stack
- Reported Q4 goals
- Applied for Indian visa
- Worked on Rust talk for CodeFreeze this Thursday
- Reviewed old Hacks articles on XHR+CORS and Hardware Acelleration for accuracy -- CORS w/Fetch?
- Still accurate, but we might want to put together an updated Fetch+CORS and Gecko HWAccel posts to point to
- Worked on DrupalCon India talk on WADI; got Bill Walker's Mozlando deck to crib from.
- Techspeakers round 3 planning and candidate selection.
- 2015 round-up
- Q1 goals
- talk for NCU next week
- worked on a a-frame component for mapping items on a cylinder
- tested a-frame + gamepad on android
- Came back from holidays on Thursday (I BAKED THIS ) wow! can we get one mailed to MV? :P
- Doing videos for Global Game Jam
- Preparing proposals for a few CFP
- I'm presenting the JS gamedev talk at Betabeers BCN meetup on tuesday next week, so I need to adapt the slides a bit.
- I've been asked by some Uni student association in Portugal to give a talk there in their tech week, but I have mixed feelings (lack of diversity)
- Was bored on Sunday and drew this https://www.dropbox.com/s/y5w4mptq48kpmi5/webangelist.png?dl=0
- Add Hacks ideas to https://wiki.mozilla.org/DevRel/Hacks
- Review the CFP calendar
(Try to keep things timeboxed and concrete. E.g., can we actually make a yes/no decision in this meeting? If not, discuss on list first.)
Q & A
- Are any of us going to MWC?
- If we need DevRel to be there, we'll send Belén.