Standing Agenda Items
Weekly Team Update from Jason
- (Someone take notes for Jason)
- Going through e10s for Hacks blog
- Reviewing APZ post that goes out this week.
- GDC Planning Games and VR (possible WASM example)
- Reviewed a couple of Hacks posts
- Meeting with Platform/Firefox Project Manager weekly
- Rehearsed talk + Attended game dev event in Madrid Fri-Sun (sent trip report already)
- Wrote blog post at Hacks with a recompilation of the gamedev videos
- Revamped my JS game dev talk deck http://belen-albeza.github.io/talk-js-gamedev/
- This Wednesday I'll travel to Braga for JS game dev talk in uni
- Already have hotel for GDC!
- Just got today the VR set that Havi sent! I just need to get the Samsung phone
- back from minibreak
- will do a remote talk at MilanoGL user group
- pretty much completely rewrote the draft on MediaRecorder article after coming back and looking at it and thinking "oh this looks too long", now it's way more streamlined
- Travel to Mumbai for DrupalCon Asia sorted out
- Will be meeting with :manishearth (Rust/Servo contributor). Anyone else I should meet?
- Looked into issues with the WAVE Toolbar (accessibility testing tool) that caused them to discontinue their Firefox Add-on
- Hacked on devrel dashboard and DrupalCon presentation
- https://github.com/potch/hax/pull/31 needs review. Halp?
- Accepted at PyCon 2016 -- will be showing Push + ServiceWorkers to a ~300-400 person audience.
- Finish Dashboard v1
- Finish DurpalCon presentation
- Informational interviews at my alma mater
- Flying to Mumbai. Please send me book / podcast / offline game / app recommendations
- GDC assistance plans
- Code reviews on MDN
- This tweet wound up pretty popular https://twitter.com/potch/status/695305096406511616
- Meetup website update: http://peninsulajs.com/
- A signal boost for speakers and attendees would be appreciated!
- Helped platform set up a quality dashboard tv
- A-Frame workshop
- Probably other things
- FLASH POLL! https://twitter.com/jensimmons/status/694599927188602880 Which do you want more? a) CSS Grid, Shapes, etc; b) Houdini; c) ES6 — Answer: 74% / 11% / 15%
- Spent a lot of time writing new talk, and workshop — found the story arc for the talk (I think!)
- Wrote up description for workshop and sent to 2 conferences, who posted it to their websites: http://aneventapart.com/event/san-francisco-2016#s829
- finshed retouching photos of me, created presskit, sent out to conferences to replace my old presskit. Example: http://www.designcontentconf.com/speaker/jen-simmons/
- collected developer's / designer's response to CSS Shapes: https://storify.com/jensimmons/desire-for-css-shapes
- finished recording bits for ep 112 of The Web Ahead, on IoT, Physical Web and FlyWeb, sent to be edited, will get published tomorrow
- RESULT: post on A List Apart, building on ideas from The Web Ahead: http://alistapart.com/column/write-what-you-know-now
- working on jensimmons.com. Had a great meeting with Carolyn Wood to strategize.
- booking travel — planes & hotels, through March. Need to do April soon.
- Hacks blog last week: DE 46 with better memory tools, Game videos (thanks Belen! ) Trainspotting (thanks Potch), on deck: APZ (thanks Jason)
- Tech Speakers: Pilot 3 planning (women's group, starts next week, Tues 10am)
- Tech Speakers: Phase 2 - planning and proposal deck in progress. Masterclass and Labs/speaker series on Airmo.
- Tech Speakers meetup for June 10-11 in EU, adjacent to work week.
- This just in from one of our Tech Speakers: any guidance/suggestions? Add-ons? WebEXT?:
- "I generally used to have a 4 Hour talk about Community Involvement in Firefox OS, Firefox OS App Dev using Web API's followed by 12 Hours of continuous coding Hackathon. Since Firefox OS for Mobile Devices is Dead I am pretty confused about How to use these 16 Hours of time effectively by getting students engaged in contribution."
- FYI: Mood in the Mozilla contributor community now: disgruntled, dismayed, disenfranchised....
- Is currently Sick.
- Add Hacks ideas to https://wiki.mozilla.org/DevRel/Hacks
- Review the CFP calendar
(Try to keep things timeboxed and concrete. E.g., can we actually make a yes/no decision in this meeting? If not, discuss on list first.)
Q & A
London? Is our team going to meet the week before? Can we plan that soon and lock in the dates?