Standing Agenda Items
Weekly Team Update from Jason
- (Someone take notes for Jason)
- When through SharedArrayBuffer Examples, MDN docs, and reviewed JS Blog post from Lars.
- DK2 testing with WebVR examples
- Going through WASM spec
- Getting Trello setup up for Platform access for our team.
- Working on Scoping Feedback App for Tech Speakers -Dietrich and Havi We need to discuss this.
- GDC Planning
- Planning Process feedback
- Working on setting up meetings with other OS game engines to recruit for MDN - Spawned by Belen’s Vids
- Reviewed Platform Events Schedule
- Doublestitch, an add-on for Pocket in Firefox
- Edited some MDN docs for add-on stuff
- CD community meeting planning
- PSU project review
- Lined up talks for Tech In Asia series for 2016
- some Fennec crash research to connect a staff member w/ the right people.
- Coord for Moz PDX office hosting in Design Week Portland
- Testing RPi2 builds!
- Coordinating RPi2 feedback-launch, FML
- Tech Speakers Phase 2 deck
- Hosted PDX R Meetup Group in the office (>700 members in the group!)
- More IoT hacking, bluetooth sux
- The need for contributor access to a devrel list - Tech Speakers who are NDA'ed (or equivalent) need access to a shared list. Do we really need 3 lists?
- HACKS: Implementing CSP on AMO post released. Still seeking content for rest of Feb/early March - nothing on calendar this week
- Tech Speakers phase 2 deck in progress - shared w/all for Feedback
- Logistics for current Pilot #3 and managing 1:1s w/various active Tech Speakers who are
- Dev-to-Dev conference tomorrow!
- Presenting a vr workshop "Browsers in the Third Dimension!"
- GDC stuff simmering
- wrote and recorded screencast on devtools reload (nee hotreload), only to have to re-record it again because no one thought of telling me about the new name >_<
- interviewing candidates
- 'soft-launch' of peer:peer video http://peertopeer.io/about/soledad-penades/
- working on WP+let's encrypt (coordinating with WADI for their web push plugin)
- also preparing Milano WebGL talk
- writing new talks — for Enhance Conf & the main talk for the rest of the year
- my email broke (missing MX records for 5 days). Rerouted everything, new DNS, new email server, new apps — ditching GMail. Tweeted about it. Then chomping through emails, over 250, in attempt to get to Inbox Zero again.
- recorded TWA ep 114 — need to send out to be edited. By the new editor.
- preparing TWA ep113 to be published today
- travel plans, promoting upcoming conferences,
- Booked CSS Dev Nodic — also, starting to turn down invitations (too busy!)
- made suggestion for FF Dev Tools, visual tool for ARIA: https://bugzil...gi?id=1249839
- bunch of work on FF Dev Tool for Shapes, both shape-outside and clip-path. Connected Razvan Caliman to our team. https://bugzil...gi?id=1242029 and https://vimeo.com/155903841
- setup lunch in London with Jean-Yves and Razvan Caliman for next week
- setting up a New Website Kickoff Sprint week in NYC for April 25–29 — Belén, Potch, Havi, Jen, Jason, Dietrich (maybe)
- Tinkering with different WebVR libraries (BabylonJS, Aframe, webvr-boilerplate, etc). Basically banging my head against a wall (graphic depiction )
- Started to do some A-frame demos
- This wednesday I'll be speaking at a meetup in BCN. It'll be a longer (~1h) version of my JS game dev talk, which I'm adapting
- Problem? There're several public transporation strikes in BCN this week, so I don't think many people will come. BUT I've been told it will get recorderer, so I still think it's worth it.
- Add Hacks ideas to https://wiki.mozilla.org/DevRel/Hacks
- Review the CFP calendar
(Try to keep things timeboxed and concrete. E.g., can we actually make a yes/no decision in this meeting? If not, discuss on list first.)