- potch (en route to SF for GDC)
Standing Agenda Items
Weekly Team Update from Jason
- June 27-28 event in Tel Aviv looking for a speaker on the DevTools - anyone interested?
- Submit to CascadiaJS
- Book your MozLondon travel
- Expense tags are now required in Expensify
- "Office of the CTO" and "Tech Speakers" tags will be added for us soon
- Review your Q1 Goals and Check in with Jason if you need to add / remove / adjust anything
Verbal Highlights (what's important / blocking)
- [Your Name] Something Interesting
- [sole] Most instructions for setting up ssl on your server essentially leave you with a semi-vulnerable server
- [dietrich] Rabimba is in NYC teaching A-Frame VR at Renaissance HS this week.
- [dietrich] Check out https://wiki.mozilla.org/DevRel/Staff - review/add if you have more ideas
- [callahad] Diversity at conferences... halp? https://twitter.com/j_coyne/status/708114795690651649
- [havi] Creating collateral for Progressive Web Apps?
- Not much interest in using an outside vendor.
- Sending it back over the fence to MDN + Developer Marketing
- [havi] Contract in place for :Flaki to help us kick ass on the MozHacks twitter
- He's also working on a Progressive Web App workshop, and onboarding new Tech Speakers
Plan for This Week (the future)
- [Your Name] Something You're Going To Do
- [callahad] Post DevRel Dashboard tomorrow, refine based on feedback
- Current issue: the ~200 Bugzilla REST calls you have to make take two full minutes...
- Also, Write up at least one past talk and post it on my blog
- [havi] Begin planning/coordination of Tech Speakers meetup
- Publish Luke Wagner's Web Assembly post for GDC
- [sole] In Toronto this week
- MediaRecorder post (hopefully!?),
- Working with DevTools on new designer/visual tools stuff and other goodness
- More semi-furtive work on preparing conf talks
- [potch] Trainspotting 45 post
- Mostly GDC for the remainder of the week.
- [jason] Setup meetings with Engineering managers for Feedback
- Participate in PLR
- Summarize code school findings and look at future plans
- Speaking with Kathleen
- finish rpi2 build post
- finish a-frame models post, get vr team review
- keep working on iot w/ old phone example, for SD conf and post
- draft letter to code schools, send to hundreds
- attend PSU student project final presentation
Summary of Last Week (the past)
- Meet with 2 code schools on site http://theironyard.com
- Reviewed WASM and Devtools Debugging posts
- GDC Comms Planning
- Worked on PLR Slides
- Feedback to Devtools team on Patch creation issues
- Met with Tracy Osborn
- Met with Aubrey To discuss possible video creation
- Dashboard data munging done; just need to style it.
- My blog is working again, just need to start posting.
- CFP acceptances: Open Source North on new web APIs, Twin Cities Code Camp on WebAssembly
- Successfully emailed all of moco + mofo accidentally.
- Created staff devrel calendar, and people are using it due to aforementioned organization-wide email:
- Gcal pro-tip: Individuals inherit group permissions. For example, give permissions on a calendar to devrel-team@ and everyone in that alias now individually has permissions. DANGER: It also emails everyone on the alias without warning you first.
- Gcal pro-tip: You can receive notifications on a shared calendar when someone adds a new event to it by going to that calendar’s settings, and on the Notifications tab checking the box for "New events:
- Receive a notification when someone sends you an invitation to an event.”.
- Tech Speakers Pilot 3 session with People Rocket!
- Organized and hosted a meeting with Galois and some staff engineers over lunch in the office
- Made all TS videos available to Pilot 3 via Dropbox for people that don’t have Flash available
- TIA. Almost done wrangling these events, now moving to community events around them
- Signed up to to be on the Reps IoT Innovation Fund Council
- TS prog mgr stuff - interviews, etc
- Staff devrel resources page (WIP) - https://wiki.mozilla.org/DevRel/Staff
- Took the .obj file from the controversial Nefertiti scan and worked w/ VR team to figure out how to load it into A-Frame (.obj only supported in master, not yet released) and drafted a Hacks post on working with imported models in A-Frame.
- Drafted Hacks post for building RPi2 w/ Gio
- Opened contract for Flaki to work on PWA training materials, @mozhacks twitter, Tech Speakers alum pilot, met w/Flaki and PWA team on Friday
- Wrote technical program manager job description and opened Recruiting bug, interviewed candidate
- Attended Diversity & Inclusion workshop on De-biasing hiring
- Tech Speakers Pilot 3: Week 4 - with guest Alison Meyer from People Rocket on storytelling / style, planning for 5 & 6.
- Friday: Published Sole's screencast/post on "Debugging Service Workers and Push with Firefox DevTools" after DE 47 uplift happened
- Tech Speakers Phase 2 planning
- Lots of research on https + letsencrypt + really securing servers against old/broken cyphers and protocols. Super interesting! Testing with a WP instance, finding gotchas. All for the WordCamp talk.
- Fx Dev Edition 47 was released on Friday! We published the screencast + Hacks post that was waiting in the 'pipeline': https://hacks.mozilla.org/2016/03/debugging-service-workers-and-push-with-firefox-devtools/
- Two posts on my blog with quite a bit of success!
- Add Hacks ideas to https://wiki.mozilla.org/DevRel/Hacks
- Review the CFP calendar
(Try to keep things timeboxed and concrete. E.g., can we actually make a yes/no decision in this meeting? If not, discuss on list first.)