Nov 1, 2010 Meeting Agenda
* Weekly dial-in meeting, Monday, 8 a.m. PST * Canada +1 416 848 3114 Ext. 92 Conference number 7600 * US or Intl. +1 650 903 0800 Ext. 92 Conference number 7600 * US Toll-Free +1 800 707 2533 Conference number 7600 * Mozilla Drumbeat -> #drumbeat | IRC channel
When you call in, you'll be unmuted by default, please mute yourself to keep phone noise down. Use "*1" (including the star) to mute yourself until you want to say something.
- Call for agenda items
- Sold out! (Nathan)
- Devin Balkind, founder of Be Extraordinary http://www.beex.org/
- Devin is working on some interesting open source projects, and interested in collaborating with Mozilla:
- OpenEcology is an initiative to create a catalog of open source tools people can use to meet their own basic needs for food, shelter, energy and fabrication capacity from their local environment's abundant natural resources.
- Alpha: http://openecology.org/
- The anchor team at factor e farm in Missouri have already built 8 prototypes including a tractor, hydraulic power cube and brick press.
- OpenImperative explains the value of open technology to nonprofits, supports them as they chose open source solutions and helps them participate in emerging networks of highly collaborative nonprofit organizations sharing resources to multiply their effectiveness. Right now they're focusing our efforts on bringing together Brooklyn-based nonprofits and open source web developers.
- Universal Subtitles campaign update (Matt)
- Any items here?
IDEAS for NEXT WEEK'S MEETING
- Ideas for next week's discussion topic / guest presentation etc?