Oct 25, 2010 Meeting Agenda
* Weekly dial-in meeting, Monday, 8 a.m. PST * Canada +1 416 848 3114 Ext. 92 Conference number 7600 * US or Intl. +1 650 903 0800 Ext. 92 Conference number 7600 * US Toll-Free +1 800 707 2533 Conference number 7600 * Mozilla Drumbeat -> #drumbeat | IRC channel
When you call in, you'll be unmuted by default, please mute yourself to keep phone noise down. Use "*1" (including the star) to mute yourself until you want to say something.
- Call for agenda items
- School of Webcraft: end of Fall semester (Pippa)
- What did we learn? What happens next?
- Participant Survey: What questions should we ask?
9 DAYS TO DRUMBEAT FESTIVAL!
- New content on the Festival blog
- Drumbeat Festival update (Mark / Nathan)
- report on Science Fair
DRUMBEAT FACEBOOK APP
IDEAS for NEXT WEEK'S MEETING
- Ideas for next week's discussion topic / guest presentation etc?
"We're doing the right thing" lots of demand traditional education failing -- not teaching
need lots of focus on basic skills entry level of what HTML is what CSS what is stp what is a server?
significant numbers of drop-outs didn't know what it meant to be a participant technology isn't up to scratch
strategies: stack overflow question and answer interface pushing video and live as way to meet up doesn't work so well get rid of tokbox trying to run live video chat between 10 - 20 people
technology with best response: google groups more open version of google groups and more specific to educators
technology really cool: etherpad is awesome
Atul Varma: developed HTLM pad
more demand for "changing a WordPress template vs. build an application"
common use cases for beginner-level demand
people wanting language so that they can speak to a web developer. finding it hard to articulate as client or co-worker what they want a web developer to do.
"how to talk to web developers"
making social contract part of process for signing up for class