This kit collects materials you can use to share Drumbeat in a variety of formats. This kit will help you If you are:
- Making a Drumbeat presentation at events such as conferences, barcamps, hackathons, etc.
- Tabling at events and want to share information about Drumbeat.
- Organizing a small Drumbeat meetup in preparation for hosting a bigger all day or half day local Drumbeat event. This is a great way to start off your local Drumbeat organizing efforts with relatively little work and to find like-minded people who will help you organize more ambitious events.
Now that you've decided to share Drumbeat, you'll want to prepare in advance, so you can feel relaxed and confident when the day comes.
If you are organizing a small Drumbeat meetup, you should check out the Drumbeat Events Roadmap for guidelines on basic organizing principles.
If you are presenting or tabling for Drumbeat at someone else's event, talk to the event organizers to familiarize yourself with the format, space, and logistics of the event.
What to say
Familiarize yourself with Drumbeat's Key Message page.
If you are giving a presentation, you can use intro to Drumbeat slide deck. If you are tabling, consider having a laptop on the table to share this presentation (if the space isn't too noisy).
Don't hesitate to contact us to get support for developing a strong message for your audience or to get an editable version of the slide deck.
Spread the Word
If you are presenting Drumbeat at someone else's event, they will likely handle much of the outreach and marketing. However, you should talk to the organizers to find out how you can help out and bring more people to the event.
If you are organizing your own small Drumbeat meetup, you can use the following resources:
- Invitations: we recommend Eventbrite.com. You can learn how to use Eventbrite here.
- Hack this Poster! On this blog post, you will find a sample poster organizers used to promote Drumbeat Toronto in April, 2010. Here is a zip file containing the design elements of the poster.
Keep Checking Back Here
As we develop Drumbeat presentation materials, we will update this page. We are currently developing quarter sheets that introduce Drumbeat and our first three supported Drumbeat projects in English, Spanish, Portuguese that will make great tabling materials and presentation handouts.