Drumbeat/p2pu/weekly call/22 July 2010
22 July 2010 - Call Details
We have a weekly community call scheduled for Thursdays at 11AM Eastern, 8AM Pacific
- Canada +1 416 848 3114 Ext. 92 Conference number 7600#
- US or Intl. +1 650 903 0800 Ext. 92 Conference number 7600#
- US Toll-Free +1 800 707 2533 PW 369 Conference number 7600#
join #education on irc.mozilla.org for backchannel chat.
- Courses Proposed for September 2010
- Any to immediately weed out?
- Everyone to review and comment (either on wiki or email - to list or pippa directly)
- Pippa to send email to the list to ask people to help with this?
- Duration of courses / fixed or not?
- Stick to 6-weeks for now (but planning to loose than for next round)
- How "strict" in selecting participants?
- Totally up to the course organizers.
- How much documentation / courseware / scaffolding is required to get participants started?
- There needs to be some documentation. Rather err on the side of people giving structure.
- Philipp to send Pippa some links of good P2PU courses (with course organizers to speak to for more info)
- Obvious Gaps in Webcraft competencies?
- eg. advanced CSS presentation
- semantic code
- Assessments - Next steps
- Everyone to send feedback / ideas on second hacker's habit we want to recognize and describe.
- Question: There are no low-hanging fruit in the list, are we also going to look at the nitty gritty of technical skills?
- Vision / Content for SoW / Governance - working on first draft
- Philipp is speaking with South African e-skills institute, who might go ahead and work on SAQA accreditation for some of the webcraft courses. Don't hold your breath - but if it happens, that would be cool.
- Great Webcraft session at FISL (Mark reports back via back channel)
- Will have some portuguese courses
Who's on the call
- Equbay (ekiflay)
- Pippa (for the first part)