Drumbeat/p2pu/weekly call/29 July 2010
We have a weekly community call scheduled for Thursdays at 11AM Eastern, 8AM Pacific
- Canada +1 416 848 3114 Ext. 92 Conference number 7600#
- US or Intl. +1 650 903 0800 Ext. 92 Conference number 7600#
- US Toll-Free +1 800 707 2533 PW 369 Conference number 7600#
join #education on irc.mozilla.org for backchannel chat.
- Moving forward on building assessment models
- what's needed on turning model into prototype?
- what's the second skill we choose?
- Status on courses / next steps
- do we want to get more of a peer review process going?
- link to P2PU orientation process?
- PiratePad http://piratepad.net/n71GrofPOn
Who's on the call
John is taking notes.
- Not a whole lot of change since last call
- Compiling additional data from written reccomendations
- Email to community with other skills and see what the second skill might be
- Answering other people's questions will be the first skill
- Engage communities outside of P2PU to create carrots so that people will want the accreditation
- Are we going to technically implement the assessment in the septemeber round
- Do we need to ToS to show that we're tracking people for assessment
- Should there be an opt-out?
- Ability to export data?
- Upon logging in, require agree to terms
- Risk Taking - Pippa might have an assessment rubrik from London Masters Program
- Incentive - Unlock your assessment by assessing some number of other people
- Everyone who submitted a course should have gotten an email
- Ask a series of questions to organizers (one a day) to get them into tip-top shape before sending off to p2pu lists
- Focus attention on courses that aren't in shape by the end of questions and get them into shape
- We need to make a plan to help people start writing a course syllabus
- Perhaps follow the same thing we did with webcraft "6 weeks view" then drill down