e10s Update: August 5
- We have shipped to 1% of of our eligible (41% of total) population \o/ and plan to increase the percentage to 10% as of August 15.
- The data we have in terms of crash stats is looking healthy and there are not any major issues that have surfaced since we shipped; have have a couple of [https://mzl.la/2aXCH8U possible ride alongs for 48.0.1 (a dot release which is being planned to handle a unrelated crash).
- The telemetry data we are able to collect indicates we are on track for our intended number of users; we won't have exact numbers for about a week. We had numbers initially because the number of users was low; now that the numbers are higher, there is a delay in obtaining the data.
- We had three blog posts:
- 08/12: Confirm numbers of e10s users; review first results of Firefox 49 add-ons + e10s experiment results
- 08/15: Ship to 10% of the eligible population
- 08/22: Ship to 100% of the eligible population
- 09/12: Bug tracking and Team RASCI transition
Add-Ons + WebExtensions
- The first Beta A/B Experiment will be shipping as of August 3.
- System Add-On has been signed off and we are ready to go.
- General roll-out plan for including extensions is here.
- It's looking like the initial API support will land in 50
- We are NOT targeting 50 for GA but rather 51
- We're also looking into Windows touchscreen/a11y compat, see more information as the plan is taking shape, here.
- We are at about 90% [https://wiki.mozilla.org/Electrolysis/Test_Coverage Test coverage for all channels. We have touched base with all module owners. Not all of them have signed off specifically but we are calling it within acceptable range for shipping at this point.
Bi-weekly meetings have commenced for e10s-multi, see more info:
|3-07||48 default||47 default||46 A/B Tests||45 off|
|4-18||49 default||48 default||47 A/B Tests, Possible Rollout (add-ons = ally = no)||46 off|
|6-07||50 default||49 default||48 Possible Rollout (add-ons + ally = no)||47 off|
|8-02||51 default||50 default||49 Possible Rollout (add-ons + ally = no)||48 Rollout (add-ons + ally = no)|
|9-13||52 default||51 default||50 Possible Rollout (add-ons + ally = no)||49 Possible Rollout (known good add-ons = yes, ally = no)|