e10s Update: August 12
- We have now shipped to 10% of of our eligible (41% of total) population ahead of schedule. Why? As we are monitoring our DAU/MAU and stability dashboard, in general things are looking healthy and we need more exposure to draw meaningful conclusions about the overall health of Firefox 48 with e10s compared to Firefox 48 without non-e10s
- How many people have e10s at this point? 1% of 41% of the eligible population. We don't have real time dashboards: looking at the dashboards above, you can decipher we are at 1%. Additionally, platform team has created another dashboard, here. Bottom Line: We will have better numbers in the next couple of weeks.
- 48 Automatic Updates are disabled at the moment due to a non-e10s related start up crash. The e10s System Add-On was updated and deployed on Thursday, if anything urgent related to e10s is reported we will aim to fix it asap otherwise we will stick with the current [https://mzl.la/2aXCH8U ride along for 48.0.1.
- 08/17: Firefox 49 Experiment Results
- 08/22: Ship to 100% of the eligible population
- 09/12: Bug tracking and Team RASCI transition
Add-Ons + WebExtensions
- The first Beta A/B Experiment shipped; we should have derived data sets next week.
- System Add-On has been signed off and we are ready to go.
- General roll-out plan for including extensions is here.
- It's looking like the initial API support will land in 50
- We are NOT targeting 50 for GA but rather 51
- We're also looking into Windows touchscreen/a11y compat, see more information as the plan is taking shape, here.
- We are at about 90% [https://wiki.mozilla.org/Electrolysis/Test_Coverage Test coverage for all channels. We have touched base with all module owners. Not all of them have signed off specifically but we are calling it within acceptable range for shipping at this point.
Bi-weekly meetings have commenced for e10s-multi, see more info:
|3-07||48 default||47 default||46 A/B Tests||45 off|
|4-18||49 default||48 default||47 A/B Tests, Possible Rollout (add-ons = ally = no)||46 off|
|6-07||50 default||49 default||48 Possible Rollout (add-ons + ally = no)||47 off|
|8-02||51 default||50 default||49 Possible Rollout (add-ons + ally = no)||48 Rollout (add-ons + ally = no)|
|9-13||52 default||51 default||50 Possible Rollout (add-ons + ally = no)||49 Possible Rollout (known good add-ons = yes, ally = no)|