If you are a participant in the Jetpack for Learning Design Challenge, then this is a quick checklist to get you started. Please complete all of the following before our first seminar on Wednesday 9 December 2009.
- Create an account for this wiki
- Make sure you and your collaborators are registered to the jetpackforlearning google group
- Create a profile page for your project (including where you are based), and link to it from this page. If you already have a project workspace on another server, no need to copy the content over, just link to it. The idea is that this is a place where you keep others informed about your prototype as you are building it.
- We are using Adobe Connect Pro for the live seminars. Please have a look at the system requirements and make sure you have access to a computer that meets them.
- Get an IRC client and connect to the Mozilla #education channel and #jetpack channel. Here are some instructions.
- Watch the Jetpack Tutorial (by Aza Raskin)
- Install Jetpack from https://jetpack.mozillalabs.com/ (bottom of page). After restart, about:jetpack appears and you can prototype and test jetpacks right away from the Develop link. Other than that, we are flexible, i.e. you can use whatever code editor you want.
- Join the Jetpack devel group - this is the place where you can share technical questions and answers with other Jetpack developers: http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla-labs-jetpack
- As a place to store your code, we recommend Github for source control, but you can self-host or use any revision control system/site that you like.
- Get an account for the Jetpack Gallery
If you have any difficulties with any of this please drop us a message into the google group.