< Electrolysis | Firefox
e10s quarterly goals
- We have short-term goals, do we have quarterly goals?
- Hhigher level goal broken down by individual teams - DOM, graphics etc.
- Damon wanted to think about how to structure it.
- Firefox plan in place with staffing identified
- Need key pieces of platform
- Including dev tools and accessibility
- Bob done with measurement tools
- Ted did the blog post
- Goals post pending (Blizzard)
Issues & next steps
- Ben needs to talk to Damon about Dave Herman - not getting enough of his time.
- Chris Jones - limited investment on PDF.js stuff - moving forward on progress
- going to take over getting plugins working on multiple content processes.
- Dynamic instrumentation stuff - drew has a patch - needs review and feedback from Blake
- We have some next steps and need to turn this into a short term goal.
- He and felipe will work on getting rid of some of the warnings we are getting
- Should get a pretty good idea of what needs to change.
- Ben - not too worried about the ff front end - Felipe is pretty much full time
Multiple content processes
- Basically done
- Not measuring memory usage and stuff like that
- Basic feature identified - needs owners
- Mobile? we don't know
==Extension usage metrics
- Have met with bob moss
- It's on the radar
- Looking for a tool to measure how long to respond to user input
- Identify which extensions must be compatible with content processes in order to reach 80% of Firefox users - need to work with the extensions team
- Blizzard will try and meet with jorge and justin
- Taking some time - hard to get stats, other projects in the way
- No update on accessibility plan
- Ben in TO next week - can follow up
- Ben met with dave camp this week
- Have a plan to move forward
- Write up due next week - getting it to work in process
- Platform feature we need for dom inspector - inspector in same process as the content we are inspecting
- Blog this week
- Next step is to get this in some deployment - talos metric
- When do we need this by?