< Enterprise | Meetings
Enterprise Working Group Meeting
January 5, 2012
- ESR update (Kev)
- Addon Compatibility changes for 10
- Moving forward with proposal with FF10. Yeah!!
- Implementation detail to come out in the next 3-4 days. Release management team needs to finalize a few points.
- FF10 will have addon compatibility by default.
- 12 week timeline before End of Life of 3.6 on April 24, 2012.
- 9 seems like an unstable release. Was that true? Chemspills because of company toolbars with functions that triggered a bug which caused a crash. Was affecting Linux and OS10 users. Don't expect a need for 9.02.
- When does it become official? When we have the implementation details, announce publicly and do it with FF10.
- Next ESR version would be FF17.
- Will there be ESR beta releases? You can use the beta now.
- Any place for particular feedback from enteprises? yes, the list is for that. Or email Kev. Bugs is how Mozilla gets things done, but if you aren't comfortable filing we can help. If you find problems in beta with enterprise:
- File a bug if you are comfortable.
- Email the firstname.lastname@example.org list
- Contact Kev
- What's it called? Mozilla Firefox ESR.
- How will it be announced? Blogs, info on wiki, checking to make sure it can be found with searches. No access control, firewalls or passwords. Intent is that people should be able to find it if they have a need for it. Will ask people to sign up for email@example.com.
- Will there be "precustomizations"? No, just a distribution ID.
Will Mozilla makes binary of the ESR available for download, or will you be only providing source? * We will make binaries available: signed, compiled & branded.
- Telemetry is not enabled by default in regular Firefox. It's opt-in when you start Firefox. Request to turn it off if we do customizations. ACTION: please post to the list to get other people thinking about this.
- Security and point releases will be available on the update channel.
- Not publicly announced yet but will happen in the next few days.
Addon Compatibility changes for 10
- addon compatibility will be turned on by default. Right now for every new update, all addons are marked as incompatible until we know they are compatible. Default will flip. We will assume compatible until we know they are incompatible now.
- If we roll out beta to users and have questions and have issues, is the enterprise list the best place to bring that up? Yes. Bugzilla is also a great place to start but the list can be a good place to start to figure out if it's a bug or if other people are seeing it.
- Will https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=702280 be fixed in ESR 10. Probably not but Kev will follow up.
- ACTION: Send an email about 3.6 EOL to Enterprise list.
- ACTION: Send an email about ESR proposal moving forward to enterprise list.
- ACTION: Kev to send mail to the list about how to file a bug or follow up with issues people find in deploying ESR or ESR beta
- ACTION: Kev to follow up on the list about bug https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=702280.