Features/Add-ons/Add-ons Default to Compatible/Incompatibility Test Plan
Detect and report broken add-ons
Starting with Firefox 10, add-ons will be marked as compatible by default.
Any help you can provide will be welcomed in order to find any add-ons that could be broken following the feature's implementation in Firefox 10.
You can help by installing the latest Firefox 10 Beta, installing random add-ons from AMO or using the most popular list here and reporting any issues regarding the add-ons you have installed through the Add-on Compatibility Reporter add-on (see instructions below) or by logging a bug in the Extension Compatibility component of Bugzilla: Link
You can also list any problematic add-ons here (if you haven't already through the ACR or Bugzilla): https://mozqa.etherpad.mozilla.org/DFT
You can also report add-ons that you have found to be working properly after a quick check in the same etherpad.
Thank you for all your help!
Add-on Compatibility Reporter instructions
The Add-on Compatibility Reporter (ACR) is an add-on through which Mozilla can gather data as to add-on compatibility for a particular version.
If you notice that one of your add-ons doesn't seem to be working the same way it did in previous versions of the application or that an add-on triggers a Firefox issue, just open the Add-ons Manager and click Compatibility next to that add-on to send a report to Mozilla.
- 1. Use a profile with add-ons installed in the latest Firefox 10 Beta. Also install random add-ons from this list ACR list
- 2. Install ACR version 102.
- 3. Test the functionality of your add-ons and make sure it does not trigger any unwanted issues in the application.
- 4. If an add-on does not work, mark it as "does not work" by selecting the "Compatibility" button.
- 5. Provide any information about the broken add-on in the dialog.
If you find any add-on issue that prevents Firefox from working, you can also log a bug directly in Bugzilla in the Extension Compatibility component of Bugzilla: Link
Testing Override list
Once an add-on on AMO (addons.mozilla.org) has been found as triggering problems in a Mozilla application version, AMO may report that the add-on is actually not compatible with that Mozilla version.
All add-ons from the override list below, should be now incompatible with the specified Mozilla applications.
If you have checked any of the versions below and made sure they're not compatible in the application versions listed, please write the information up here:https://mozqa.etherpad.mozilla.org/DFT
- Zotero, versions 0-2.1.10, blocked in Firefox 10.0a1 - *
- After the Deadline - Spell and Grammar Checker, version 1.50, blocked in Firefox 10.0a1 - *
- Edit Custom Size Image, versions 0-0.1, blocked in Thunderbird 6.0a1-*
- Edit Custom Size Image, versions 0-0.1, blocked in SeaMonkey 2.3a1-*
- Live Bookmark Enabler, versions 0-0.1, blocked in SeaMonkey 2.3a1-*
- No Alt Text versions, 0-0.1, blocked in Thunderbird 6.0a1-*