Features/Firefox/Windows Plugin Hang UI/TestPlan
Windows Plugin Hang UI
|Feature||Status||Release Target||Lead engineer||QA Lead||QA Status|
|Windows Plugin Hang UI||Landed||Firefox 20||Aaron Klotz||Manuela Muntean||Signed Off|
- An UI presenting which plugin is unresponsive and allowing to kill it will be shown after each crash.
- Afterwards, plugins will be killed automatically after a longer timeout, between 45 and 60 seconds.
- This feature is available starting Firefox 19 Beta
- Currently, this feature is available only on Windows OSs and regards only Flash hangs
- By default, Windows Plugin Hang UI is enabled
- For disabling the Windows Plugin Hang UI, you need to go to about:config, and set the value of dom.ipc.plugins.timeoutSecs such that it is smaller than the value of dom.ipc.plugins.hangUIMinDisplaySecs
Use Cases to Test
Test that the Plugin Hang UI dialog is displayed with:
- Flash plugin installed and used in several tabs/windows
- Test cases and test results can be seen in the Google Spreadsheet
- They are also present in MozTrap, in the Windows Plugin Hang UI test suite.
- bug 801806 - SecReview: Windows Plugin Hang UI - NEW
- bug 805591 - Add UI to be shown when plugin is unresponsive - RESOLVED FIXED
- bug 794690 - Add telemetry for plugin hang recovery - RESOLVED DUPLICATE
- bug 827330 - Windows build error in PluginHangUIParent.cpp - RESOLVED FIXED
- bug 818307 - Add flag to chromehang when user selects "Continue" in Plugin Hang UI - NEW
- bug 822051 - kill flash hangs on unsuspend - NEW
- bug 828034 - crash in mozilla::ipc::RPCChannel::EnteredCxxStack - VERIFIED FIXED
- bug 829909 - crash in nsWindow::Enable @ UserCallWinProcCheckWow - RESOLVED FIXED
- bug 830910 - slow script warning does not account for plugin hangs - NEW
- bug 833560 - Increase Plugin Hang UI threshold - VERIFIED FIXED
- bug 834127 - Windows is intermittently not setting WS_VISIBLE on the Plugin Hang UI dialog - VERIFIED FIXED
- bug 845491 - Unresponsive plugin/plug-in (hang dialog): Button width doesn't fit text size - VERIFIED FIXED
- All the test cases were executed.
- All the blocker, critical, major bugs have been fixed.
- Sign offs
- Firefox 20 Aurora (pre-beta sign off) - 02/15/2013
- Ran the test cases on Windows 7 64bit, Windows 7 32bit, Windows 8 32bit, Windows 8 64bit, Windows XP 32bit, Windows Vista 32bit