High-quality image scaling
|Features||Status||Dev Lead||QA Lead||Status|
|High-quality image scaling||Landed||Matt Brubeck||Andreea Pod||Complete|
This feature is about switching to high-quality image scaling while balancing the impact on page rendering speed.
Developer documentation and reference material as related to this feature may be viewed here
Implementation and Tracking Bug
bug 669851 - Don't use nearest-neighbour filtering when neon isn't available bug 598736 - Use higher-quality image interpolation on mobile
Use Cases to Test
- Zoomed text and images on pages should look smooth
- Steps to perform
- Open a new tab and go to https://www.xkcd.com/
- Zoom in the page and look at the pictures
- Expected results
- Images should not be jagged and pixelated when zoomed in or out
- Please open the screenshots to see the difference better.