Festival2011/Playing with Real-Time Web Technology
- In this session we can cover a brief history of the realtime web with a focus on web browser technology.
- Where we are with the technology now
- We’ll build a web app without leaving your web browser and show a number of ways of doing this. The IDE redefined (see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Integrated_development_environment).
- We’ll connect, subscribe and display realtime data within a web page. We’ll do this using Pusher (http://pusher.com) but the techniques are applicable to many realtime web technologies; client and server.
- Browser, UI and UX considerations when using and displaying realtime data in a web page
- How to publish data from a web page/app
Each attendee will be able to take away the code they write and continue to develop it.