Festival2011/Touch the News
The recent launch of BostonGlobe.com wow'ed the web world with its use of HTML5 and responsive design approach. Working in small, multi-disciplinary teams, we challenge you to envision a tablet-optimised version of the Boston Globe.
- How can it appeal to a younger, app-savvy audience?
- What interactions and navigation concepts could make this a news experience that stands out?
- How can it utilise native tablet functionality through HTML5? Remember, this is in the browser and not an app.
In your teams, we encourage you to think about
- what usage scenarios you want to illustrate
- what technologies you want to explore
Pick up to 3 use cases to work on.
- How do people consume news on the iPad?
- What content are they interested in? Focus on a younger audience.
- What’s the context – are they at home? What time of the day is it?
- What interactions are appropriate for a great reading experience that stands out?
- Do you want to focus on a specific topic, such as weather or sports?
- Do you want to focus on a specific media type, such as video or photos?
- What technological characteristics do you want to focus on? See the separate info sheet.
- Programmers, frontend, backend
- User experience designers
How people can get involved with your project after the festival.