johnjbarton, honza, robc, jresig
- Steve Souders mentioned the Velocity Conference in San Jose for June, calls for topics in the air. Steve to send Jresig an email.
- DONE - update/fix blog theme (robcee)
- working now, just a logo and gradient to add
- todo - add users for jresig and honza (robcee)
- todo - fix links on getfirebug.com pages (robcee)
- Couple of new translators and many updates + New Locale ro-RO (Romanian).
- All UI strings should be localized now.
- Latest Firebug uploaded to babelzilla.org
- Localization API improved ($STR and $STRF)
- No more entites, all properties
- Both 1.3 and 1.4 updated (code and locales)
- honza working on gathering comprehensive list of MIME types for dealing with binary files. Needs to prevent them from being cached.
- New HTML tab (preview for HTML responses, available in case of text/html content type)
- Support for custom tabs (from Firebug extensions) for net requests (like Headers, Params, etc.) within net panel.
- New lighter color for net panel's time line (the blocking phase isn't so noticable now)
- Progress with missing HTTP-ON-EXAMINE-RESPONSE event bug 449198. A patch is available (Honza: some prototyping already done).
- MozAfterPaint events could be visually depicted in the Net panel (vertical lines). Steve: having an option to switch this on/off to avoid performance penalties would be useful. - see, http://www.kylescholz.com/blog/2008/11/digging_into_paint_events_in_f_1.html
- Detailed timing available in 1.4 so, there is a time for additional tweaking and improvements.
- steves mentioned js timeline information, css information
- feeling is that we'll need some firefox/gecko changes to gain insight into CSS load/render events
- thinking about names for next-gen net panel,
- Timeline, "Honza"(++), Sequencer, ...
- DONE - push new API changes (jresig)
- should be ready to go, just waiting on some security review, but otherwise useable.
- Unit test for Issue 601 implemented for Fireunit. Some new APIs appended to fireunit object (mainly to access internal Firebug's objects like: Firebug, FirebugChrome, FBL). Waiting for feedback from John Resig.
- Honza's added some networking tests
- still thinking about possible improvements to this.
- jjb mentioned implementing a front-most tab limit to debugging in addition to current site-enablement.
- robcee still would like to do a screencast on the enablement UI
- Issue 1174
- Issue 1175
- DONE - check on downloads of 1.3 (robcee)
- number was around 4000 downloads of 1.3 latest as of last week for all of November.
- new tabcache probably wasn't tested thoroughly
- Need to backport R1364 or whatever equivalent Honza decides - IN PROGRESS
- viewport code looking good - jjb
- Ready for 1.3b3? - Honza: all is ready from my side.
- likely schedule release for next week
- a7 maybe this week
- a5 and a6 since last time
- new: debugger controls stay visible on all panels while on a breakpoint
- Implemented stepStayOnDebugger to keep chrome out of firebug and vice versa. Mainly for chromebug.
- implemented break-on-next UI. Behavior is still expected to be funky. Explore with caution! - jjb
- breakOnNext may not work perfectly for event handlers generated by firefox dynamically. Still working on this. - jjb
- Completed dynamicURLhasBP to avoid MD5 on eval unless breakpoints are set on evals. (Be nice to have some talos results).
- skipScrolling if the lines are still in view. Viewport changes are good,
- can include better highlighting
- extending support for debugging scripts created by adding source through document.createElement().innerHTML
- Release notes started: ReleaseNotes
- move to beta when 1.3 released
- possibly broken focus on Mac, jjb to investigate, robcee to try to verify.
- inching forward.
- based on firebug 1.4 now
- jsd2 work can begin - jjb
- bugzilla cleanup for 2.0-only problems.
- chromebug in firefox 3.1 is opening 0-size windows
- bug 465993 Blocks chromebug on FF3.1
- todo need someone to install the test case and verify - robcee
- new jsd tests: /fbug/chromebug/tests/jsdTests@johnjbarton.com
- need someone to install this extension in an clean Firefox profile (no Firebug) and try it.
- bug 379410 (jsdICompilationUnit) First work in progress patch. reworked the test case: fbug/chromebug/tests/jsdTests@johnjbarton.com/content/jsd/jsdIDebuggerService2/bugzilla-379410.js
- bug 449454 Work abandoned, Lower priority now since 379410 will do the work.
- Bugs against jsd:
- Top priority, causes erroneous application behavior: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=463239
- Causes un-debuggable code: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=462704
- Both of these have test cases in fbug/chromebug/tests/jsdTests@johnjbarton.com/content/jsd/jsdIScript