curtisb, honza, steves, johnb, robc, ?
- Steve Souders mentioned the Velocity Conference in San Jose for June, calls for topics in the air.
- attending so far, honza, robc
- Honza to present 10 minute feature on Firebug
- may have 30-45 minute workshop on website performance testing, robc and/or honza volunteered
- tentative attendees, jresig, johnjbarton
- attending so far, honza, robc
- honza attended FOSDEM last week
- 1.3.3b1 on getfirebug.com release on AMO in a week or two
- 2 problems, first with encodings other than UTF8, other with (net) spy
- both fixed, issues on file
- wait 2 days and release
- beta soon
- few changes to port forward from 1.3 to 1.4
- a13 finish prototype for new activation system. When complete, strip old activation code. Getting confusing - jjb
- Hans Hillen to start implementing keybinding mechanism, to follow up on discussion group
- an old copy of 1.4, needs to be updated before work
- UI changes, tab-strip location todo curtisb
- export data from net panel, honza working with steves, and httpwatch for format
- options include xml, html, json
- html may be a strong contender since it's displayable easily
- honza has solved the loading files from chrome problem
- jjb came up with a mechanism to run a set of sequential steps to put the debugger into a testable state
- currently has clipboard export support, need to work on console output - todo robc
- sendKey method. Can it send, modifier keys? (doesn't look like)
- multiple versions, multiple browsers, need to keep coverage minimized
- stick with 1.3 on 3.0 for now
- 1.4 on 3.1, possible 3.0
- honza to investigate prototype of FireUnit in chromespace todo
- packaged xpi?
- FireUnit for Firebug lite?
- rewrite required
- code guidelines
- work on trunk according to azer
- mike r to forward email to group / pedro
- azer to release final versions on getfirebug
- honza suggests fbug lite could use DOMPlate if wanted to re-use code
- probably some significant effort to do, but likely possible
- jjb adding to docs
- honza: new api for l10n. extensions can register string bundles. todo
- keybindings API + l10n support
- honza started http://groups.google.com/group/firebug-working-group/web/firebug-extension-points
- wishlist - http://groups.google.com/group/firebug-working-group/web/firebug-1-3-extensions
- identify and prioritize features todo
- lots of existing extension points - need better documentation
- christoph to rewrite firePHP and document the process on his blog, wants to keep track of extension points and changes to them, create test-cases that exercise these extension points should be a priority. todo
- simplify process of creating tools or extensions using DOMplate. There should be a way to prototype an extension using a wizard-like interface or walkthrough.
- changes in new 1.4 alpha - try 'em out!
- simple activation in 1.4 or 1.5?
- jsd2 work can begin - jjb
- bugzilla cleanup for 2.0-only problems.
- chromebug in firefox 3.1 is opening 0-size windows
- bug 465993 Blocks chromebug on FF3.1
- todo need someone to install the test case and verify - robcee
- new jsd tests: /fbug/chromebug/tests/jsdTests@johnjbarton.com
- need someone to install this extension in an clean Firefox profile (no Firebug) and try it.
- bug 379410 (jsdICompilationUnit) First work in progress patch. reworked the test case: fbug/chromebug/tests/jsdTests@johnjbarton.com/content/jsd/jsdIDebuggerService2/bugzilla-379410.js
- bug 449454 Work abandoned, Lower priority now since 379410 will do the work.
- Bugs against jsd:
- Top priority, causes erroneous application behavior: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=463239
- Causes un-debuggable code: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=462704
- Both of these have test cases in fbug/chromebug/tests/jsdTests@johnjbarton.com/content/jsd/jsdIScript