John J. Barton, Steve Roussey, Jan Honza Odvarko, Michael Rennie, Darin Wright, Mike Collins.
Issues for 1.6
- Blocks 1.6
- < 1 week of work we guess.
- NEED TEST (jjb commit) Linux Search panel bonkers
- Need feedback on Swarm
- New Prototype: Swarms
- collect test list from extensions and run all
- contact extension authors,
- The Firebug Swarm
- New support for testing extensions (Honza, kpdecker)
- To wiki (Honza)
1.6 on FF 4.0
- FF 4.0b7 status?
- JaegerMonkey FF 4.0!
- FF 4.0 Nightly build renders Firebug JS debug inoperable
- uses jsd, adapted
- FF 4.0b5/6 need to test and check against knownissues list
- New FBTest registration for extensions
- Daily testing for Firebug + Firefox
- Test Bot Page
- One 4.0 failure caused by Firebug: lib absolute URI (JJB)
- Triage Process
- Contact page, platform triage person?
- Bug 532445 run unit tests (daily?) with Firebug installed in testing profiles
- Add support for reporting that FF crashed (Honza)
Relation to Firefox/Jetpack
Three different jetpack-ish ideas are being kicked around:
- Small jetpack to open swarm page as addons.mozilla.org package
- restartless: user experience similar to FF 3.6 install
- users see extensions and can install all at once, much more convenient
- Jetpack adapter: a firebug module loader written in jetpack
- becomes the home for all Firefox-specific integration code
- includes eg Firebug start button (now in status bar).
- Firebug extension loader
- restartless loading of firebug extensions
- resembles jetpack but for firebug
- this part would be cross browser
Cross browser extension mechanism
- Using bootstrap mechanism (no restart, same as jetpack)
- panel add/remove no restart
- Lite and Firefox Firebug ext.
- script async vs sync loading
- Dorn transporter CommonJS RequireJS: need adapter for jetpack.
- Focus on debugger.js/fbs
- add support for JS debug to Firebug for Google Chrome
- prepares for jsdv2
- prepares for mobile web debug at least for JS
- give experience for complete refactoring work.
- Option: invent script.js and mozilla-backend.js
- alternative to debugger.js/firebug-service.js
- allows parallel development, at the cost of copy and paste for un-refactored code.
- New API between debugger.js and fbs to match CrossFire protocol
- Firefox proposal window.console
- Mutation Recognizer needs to support removal of UI features
- eg remove breakpoint (HONZA)
- Refactor to support Firebug Embedded:
- Firebug in Firefox as jetpack
- Firebug in Google Chrome more complete, more common code
- DONE Need more detailed plan (JJB to propose)
-- Not discussed this week ---
- California non-profit.
- Eric Jung, maintainable.
- Software Conservancy to meet Sept 20 (No word as of 9/28)
- Check with Mozilla (jjb()
- Delegating can go ahead
- Zazzle problem on black tee-shirt
- Wait for reprint
- look into other sites (jjb)
- Mouse pad looks great
- Firebug trademark vs Firebug non-profit name?
- Crossfire labeled issues
- Webkit Inspector Protocol?
- Testing of backend: FBTest?
- Listener client/server
- Browser Tools Interface
- Socket startup and shutdown issues.
- Avoiding context transfer?
- Leave all model info on server side
- Client side has "presentation model" (cache of info needed for panels)
- Standards may based on Web IDL or [JSON Schema http://json-schema.org/]