Jan Odvarko, Simon Lindholm, Steven Roussey
- Firebug 1.12 alpha 4 needed
- We should do triage next week
Firebug & DevTools Integration
Opinions in not particular order:
- The prototype looks good (entire Firebug as one built-in panel) and we should continue with it.
- Panel duplication is confusing
- Dependency is bad especially if built-in tools are rapidly changing. Firebug always supports more Firefox versions.
- Firebug strength is in using all panel since they are integrated.
- Context menu is also duplicated and many users complained.
- If duplicated context menu is confusing, duplicated panels would be super confusing.
- The option hiding the buil-in inspector menu item should be more visible to the user.
- Who is the Firebug user?
- Perspectives could be too complicated.
- Being more like Apple not like Eclipse. Having power, but not being complicated.
- Firebug instance per Firefox tab
- Sounds good
- Steven provide some more thoughts next week
- Does mean slower Firebug loading, which could be bad (but there is a cache, right?).
- It might make sense to do intermediate release 1.12 with no JSD2
- We should still keep 4-5 months release cycle
- Issue 6291: use evalInGlobalWithBindings() instead of eval()
- Simon and Florent: high priority
- Needs to be tested with master, all tests must pass
- Then integrate to JSD2 branch
- Issue 5416: Auto-completion for Command Line API
- Simon take a look
- Issue 6168: Update Firebug to use the new Private Browsing APIs
- Honza take a look
- Waiting for feedback From Mozilla Foundation
- MFO doesn't like zazzle.com