Jan Odvarko, Florent Fayolle, Simon Lindholm, Joe Walker, Christoph Dorn, Steven Roussey, Belakhdar Abdeldjalil, Farshid Beheshti
Firebug 2 Release
- Anouncement: https://blog.getfirebug.com/2014/06/10/firebug-2-0/
- Internals: http://www.softwareishard.com/blog/firebug/firebug-internals-ii-unified-object-rendering/
- Posts on other sites:
- Rewards: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/firebug-working-group/SkhhhSpoScY
- Honza: will send an email to all rewarded contributors with instructions.
- Honza: create "firebug2.0" branch
- Florent: will have a blog ready next week Tuesday, we can blog there too.
- Firebug 2.1 will probably follow soon
- Issue 7155: Add a shortcut for toggling an element's display
- Issue 6341: Addition of "display" property in Layout Side Panel
- Issue 7044: Source lines in console should be shown even when Script panel is disabled
- Planning: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/firebug-next
- Repo: https://github.com/firebug/firebug.next
- Issue list: everyone agrees to use gihub.com issue list
- We should start with internals issue. Existing Firebug users should still use code.google.com
- Christoph: firebug.io is able to pull issues from different lists and show/sort them at the same time. This would help a lot in case we need to maintain two lists for some time.
- IRC: #jetpack channel
- Next steps:
- Everyone: should install run Firebug.next
- Everyone: learn the current Firebug.next code base
- Everyone: play with Add-ons SDK and DevTools SDK (devtools branch)
- Everyone: learn test API
- Honza: putting together a list of first tasks.
- Features for the London meeting demo
- Focus of Firebug.next (should be clear in London)
- Demo spec for London Meetup.
- Florent: Command Editor
- Florent: Event side panel
- Simon: .% syntax for the command line
- Simon: "Use in Command Line" (as part of devtools?)
- See more: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/firebug-next
- Honza: Firebug Reps, so we can show objects with different representation and interaction
- Florent: printing JS warnings in Firebug