Jan Odvarko, Florent Fayolle, Christoph Dorn, Steven Roussey, Belakhdar Abdeldjalil
- Florent: 23 June => 05 July
Firebug 2 Release
- Firebug 2.1
- Honza do the release on Friday
- Issue 7524: 2 displays, fullscreen flash window goes behind the browser window
- Florent: working on this
- Issue 7528: Work around incorrect behavior of eval with Script panel enabled
- Patch from Simon available
- Positive feedback on the patch
- Honza: ping @syg
- Issue 7530: Toolbars are huge in combination with "Theme Font & Size Changer"
- Simon, patch available
- Issue 7535: Properly implement custom shortcuts for Command Editor
- Simon will take a look
- Everyone: let Honza know if there is yet another issue that should be fixed in 2.1
- Honza: create a new tips & tricks for debugging Firebug.next
- Honza: kick off a thread, how to transform our wiki for Firebug.next?
- Honza: filing new issues
- Use labels intuitively according to our experience from Firebug 2 and google.com (we can always adapt to different scheme)
- First tasks + labels in the issue list: https://github.com/firebug/firebug.next/issues
Demo for London work week, steps towards:
- Firebug theme for native developer tools (design + layout)
- Implementation of basic concepts (side panels, option menus, context menus, search, navigation, panel toolbar, etc.)
- Additional features?
- Jakob: Support for 3rd party JS libs (customize the Console panel, customize the HTML panel or Events side panel), jQuery, Backbone
- Simon: Dynamic analyses of JS comments
The debugger would parse JSDoc comments and insert the equivalent of
if (typeof x !== "number") debugger;at the beginning of functions.
x parameter is documented as being a number
- Florent + others: Command Editor (we could use Scratchpad)
- "Use in Command Line"
- Events panel customization: show wrapped event listeners (formerly derived)
- More planning: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/firebug-next
Some platform analyses & links:
- Customizing Console Output
- Customizing Variables View Output
- Christoph: I think I can feed this format from my PHP introspection lib: https://github.com/firephp/firephp/tree/master/lib/Insight. It is much lighter on the wire and can capture large object graphs. This would allow for introspection of snapshotted objects while PHP executed on the server.
- JetPack Object inspector
- Customizing HTML Inspector?
- (needs analyses)