- Project Tracking Bug
- Requirements Document / Project Plan
- Support page for error collection (including instructions for opting out of collection)
Access to Collected Errors
Because errors may contain personally-identifiable information about users, access to them is restricted to approved Mozilla employees.
If you are an employee of Mozilla who wishes to access this data:
- Open the following bug template: Browser Error Access Request Template
email@example.com the bug title AND the summary with your LDAP email address.
- Read through the summary before submitting; it contains guidelines that you are agreeing to in order to access this data!
- Submit the new bug.
- After filing the bug, NEEDINFO
firstname.lastname@example.org [:Osmose, :mkelly]for approval. Once approved, ops will grant you access.
Firefox-specific Search Filters
Errors in Sentry have several tags with metadata about the error that can be used in search queries:
- "True" if the error was thrown from a
moz-extension://path, "False" otherwise.
- Contains the AppBuildID of the Nightly build that threw the error
UI Improvements Extension
There is an extension available for users with access to the Nightly JS Errors project in Sentry that improves the UI specifically for that project:
- Adds a "File Bugzilla Bug" button to the UI that opens the form for filing a new Bugzilla bug in the Firefox::General component. The form is pre-filled with details from the Sentry event being viewed, including the stack trace and error message.