Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10am Pacific Time
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99951 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99951 (US)
- Vidyo Room: Release Coordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
These notes are read by people who weren't able to attend the meeting. Please make sure to include links and context so they can be understood.
- 1 Special Topics
- 2 Schedule Update
- 3 Add-ons
- 4 Stability
- 5 QA
- 6 RelEng
- 7 Marketing/Communications
- 8 User Advocacy
- 9 Roundtable
- 10 Actions
Aurora/Beta Feature Review
Post-Mortem (Tues 2wks from GA Release)
Sign Off (Thurs prior to GA Release)
- 30.0 released
- 31 beta 1 gtb should come today (working on IDL changes)
- Aurora updates enabled Friday
- Current release updates are enabled at 25% and will be turned off this time tomorrow
- Release Managers for upcoming releases:
- 31 - Sylvestre
- 32 - Lawrence
- 24.7.0 ESR (and ESR31) Lukas
- ESR release hiccup on releasetest - bhearsum is working on it with IT. Not ETA yet.
- [Bug 1022471] Conduit disables DLL blocklist. Haven't received response other than 'we will look into it'.
- http://arewestableyet.com/ has adjusted limits and should better represent our current state at any point in time - in release week, there might be a lot of red/yellow while new versions are being shipped and take a bit to catch up on ADI.
- Is OMTC on Windows being deactivated for 32?
- Otherwise, higher-than-usual crash rates will probably be seen.
- Out side of that, bug 1011391 and bug 1021053 are currently the top two crashes on 32, might also cause some higher crash rates until they can find fixes.
- 31 doesn't have a lot of concerns, will need to see beta data.
- Top crash bugs to watch for fixes during beta are bug 1009675 and bug 997908.
- Bug 1018236 looks fixed by the new McAfee release.
- 3rd-party (adware) issues bug 1022471 and bug 1023239 increase crash rates.
- Brazil banking issue bug 883134 remains unchanged.
- Android continues to look awesome for 30, 31 is probably also good.
- 32 will need some bug fixes in the JS area, Kevin and devs are on it.
- no major concerns for migration to Beta on Monday
- We're not able to run the NVidia 3D check on this beta cycle. Our machine is not working correctly. juan can elaborate, if needed.
- [juanb] I was able to get the machine working again, so this got tested for Fx30 in time.
- Good for release based on investigation resolution (re: belarusian, bug 1019697 invalid)
Crashing is up in Feedback (as well as Twitter). Looks like it may be the McAfee thing and/or Conduit and/or malware. Yay! Yahoo went down, caused a significant spike in feedback Still seeing significant feedback around Firefox not closing, since 30 just went out today we haven't been able to see if it makes an improvement in release. It did make an improvement in Beta so hoping that continues Still seeing a bunch of feedback around Firefox 29 and Australis changes.
- Throttling experiments underway, results & forward plan to be discussed at post-mortem in 2 weeks