Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10am Pacific Time
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99951 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99951 (US)
- Vidyo Room: Release Coordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
These notes are read by people who weren't able to attend the meeting. Please make sure to include links and context so they can be understood.
- 1 Special Topics
- 2 Schedule Update
- 3 Add-ons
- 4 Stability
- 5 QA
- 6 RelEng
- 7 User Advocacy
- 8 Roundtable
Aurora/Beta Feature Review (Thursday prior to GA Release)
Post-Mortem (Tues 2wks after GA Release)
Sign Off (Thurs prior to GA Release)
- 31.0 beta 2 gtb yesterday
- Bug 1024719 - Blocklist old versions of the Ask Toolbar (Avira Security Toolbar bundle).
- Signatures of OOM crashes are changing, should now all get prefixed with "OOM | "
- Bug 1013586 and bug 1013589 are both top 10 and fallout from irregexp landing, fixed on trunk, need uplift of bug 1024678.
- OMTC on Windows is still on and causes a number of crashes, including bug 1021053, which is #1 by far.
- High crash rates
- Bug 988549 (_VEC_memzero) sums up to >9% of all crashes.
- Same issues as on release are contributing as well.
- We made the ADI target pretty fine with our strategy, Thursday was the first UTC day where we had >15M (19 actually).
- As expected, crash rates are high.
- Bug 1023239 (libinject2) is now #4, #5, and #11, summing up to >4% of all crashes
- Bug 883134 (Brazil banks) is #10.
- Release data looks good.
- Beta has high crash rates, mostly due to bug 827264 (NSS)
- Aurora crash rates are high, but that should be fixed with yesterday's uplift of bug 1011474.
- looking good so far -- found some issues with hsb builds
- mainly unlocalized strings and content being served in German
- sent a new permission to the play store in beta, this has affected updates
- Should be signing off on B2 after getting out of this meeting
- Looks like about 20% of our requests for complete updates come from users who should be using partials. Filed https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1025048 to investigate.
- Let us (User Advocacy) know if we can help with user insights here
Can't open new tabs - Still the biggest issue. Still chasing down add-ons that could be causing this. a block for old versions of the ask toolbar was deployed, which should help this somewhat. We will keep looking for other possible add-ons. Australis feedback is going down slowly NTLMv1 feedback is dying down. We're crashing but I think Kairo knows ALL.
- Unthrottling today:
- known issues: 1025576 (if there was a chemspill driver, but is not a driver)
- libinject/DLL issues will have to bake on general pop
- Go Mexico!