Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10am Pacific Time
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
- Meeting archive: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Category:Channel_Meetings
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99951 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99951 (US)
- Vidyo Room: Release Coordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
These notes are read by people who weren't able to attend the meeting. Please make sure to include links and context so they can be understood.
- 1 Attendance
- 2 Special Topics
- 3 Schedule Update
- 4 Add-ons
- 5 Stability
- 6 Performance (Thu)
- 7 QE
- 8 RelEng
- 9 User Advocacy
- 10 Roundtable
Attendees: lmandel, sylvestre, jorge, marc, bsmedberg, kairo, tracy, ashuges, robert, lizzard, catlee
Aurora/Beta Feature Review (Thursday prior to GA Release)
Post-Mortem (Tues 2wks after GA Release)
- It's >2 wks but today is post-mortem day: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/33-0-Post-Mortem
Sign Off (Thurs prior to GA Release)
- TREES ARE CLOSED!!!!
- 33.0.3 planned to ship today - updates enabled at 100%
- 33.1 gtb today
- Tentative plan to ship with updates enabled at 100%
- Request to build 33.1.1 as a mitigation for AMD crasher
- 34 beta7 gtb today (all changes are in)
- 34 beta8 gtb is scheduled for Monday as usual
- No updates.
- bug 1089364 (mozilla::layers::CompositorD3D11::HandleError) - 34%
- Still a number of e10s-related crashes
- bug 1091903 (mozilla::gfx::SourceSurfaceD2D1::SourceSurfaceD2D1) - 9%
- bug 1089454 (D2DDeviceContextBase, DrawingContext::FillRectangle) - 7%
- Data continues to look good for b6.
- bug 1053999 (JS_TransplantObject) has been a long-standing topcrash, sounds like there's finally a breakthrough in finding what the issue is, hopefully that will result in a fix!
- Hopefully we caught all the important pieces, let's see!
- bug 1049138 (VisitNextEdgeBetweenRect) probably left as the #1 issue on beta 6, but data will tell.
- no regressions seen on aurora/beta, fairly slow week on trunk!
- Some concerns about there being many unfixed graphics bugs. example: bug 1090338
- There are ~25 gfx bugs tracked for beta. The gfx team is getting help from other platform teams to resolve the bugs. It seems unlikely that all of the bugs will be resolved for 34.
- Facebook is showing a blank screen (just toolbar) to users on older Firefox builds (<=15 at least)
- Trying out a live version of the desktop sentiment report charts (updates daily). https://useradvocacy.mozilla.org/dashboards/desktop-live/
- (lmandel) stats that Saptarshi provided in response to the UA report look very useful. relman will follow up with him to see whether we can produce these stats on a regular basis.
- bsmedberg has been looking into FHR-based stability data, and there are surprises. We need to look at things more deeply. For example, plugin crashes are much higher than expected from other data.