Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10am Pacific Time
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99951 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99951 (US)
- Vidyo Room: ReleaseCoordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
- 1 Attendees
- 2 Previous Actions
- 3 Schedule Update
- 4 Add-ons
- 5 Stability
- 6 Performance (Thu)
- 7 QE
- 8 Performance
- 9 RelEng
- 10 Marketing/Communications
- 11 User Advocacy
- 12 Roundtable
- 13 Special Topics
- 14 Actions
liz, Bogdan, Cornel,Ninu, Andrei, Mihai B, Ada, Calixte, Iulia, Kim, philipp, Ryan, Mihai P,sylvestre, ritu, Ioana, Teo, brad
- 46 beta 4 released for desktop and mobile
- 46 beta 5 should go to build today (shooting for 1pm)
- nothing new
- Beta crash rate dropping slightly, several high volume crash fixes landed in beta 4. Most users are still on beta 2 so we aren't seeing the crash rate improve yet
- topcrash https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1246108 this fix is landing for beta 5.
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1256992#c14 This may help with e10s, NPAPI, and GMP crashes. (a bit scary?)
- startup crashes: nothing new
** Signature: js::AutoEnterOOMUnsafeRegion::crash | js::GCHashSetOperations<T>::lookupForAdd *** https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1259387 *** rose by 3400% *** nothing special in URLs where crashes occured ** little spike with trf.dll: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1255026 *** the backtrace is almost meaningless *** crash exists since 38.7.1esr but spiked since 44.0.1 *** not assigned *** Trusteer is responsible for this, we are in touch with them. We are considering blocking them ** Signature: crash in mp4_demuxer::MP4Metadata::GetNumberTracks (https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1258410 ) *** fixed in nightly and uplift requested for aurora & beta
Aurora / Dev Edition
Aurora / Dev Edition
- [Andrei] Mid-aurora feature sign offs are in progress, we should have test reports ready by next Monday (looking good so far).
- [Bogdan] per-monitor DPI feature looks good now after fixing the issues that were reported during pre-Aurora sign-off. Here is a query with the bugs in question https://goo.gl/5bjoVI. I also found a new bug now but it's quite minor.
- [Mihai] Youtube Embedded Rewrite feature looks good. No issues found so far. Also the plugins.rewrite_youtube_embeds pref was disabled in FF 46.0b4 build2 (more details in https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1255918).
- Question from ritu, is there any aurora e10s/apz testing planned? andrei: we haven't done that yet but ryan's team may be doing it in 47 now.
- [Andrei] 46.0b4-build2 successfully signed off.
- [Andrei] We're currently in the process of testing e10s on 46.
- (ritu) Given that this might happen in 47, is this included in Aurora sign-offs?
- [Andrei] We've coordinated with :sphilp on testing FxA more thoroughly, starting with the password reset flows.
- [Andrei] Apart from the regular, periodical tests we're running each beta cycle for stub installers, migration and webrtc, we're also going to have a closer look at the browser's UI on Ubuntu, following the switch to gtk3.
- [Andrei] We're holding a Testday for 46 Beta 7 next Friday - http://tinyurl.com/hpz4wgt.
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1246088 issues with dev tools inspector in youtube videos . ship this in 46? or should it be a blocker?
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1245074 pocket addon - merge issues, trying again
- [mobile] work as usual
- nexus 9 crash, we have a fix
- mobile update rates? going ok?
- kevin says updates went ok to beta 2
- we pushed Hello with Go Faster, no issues for now