Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10am Pacific Time
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99951 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99951 (US)
- Vidyo Room: ReleaseCoordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
These notes are read by people who weren't able to attend the meeting. Please make sure to include links and context so they can be understood.
- 1 Attendees
- 2 Previous Actions
- 3 Schedule Update
- 4 Add-ons
- 5 Stability
- 6 Performance (Thu)
- 7 QE
- 8 Performance
- 9 RelEng
- 10 Marketing/Communications
- 11 User Advocacy
- 12 Roundtable
- 13 Special Topics
- 14 Actions
Mihai P, Flaviu, Teodora, Ninu, lizzard, Bogdan, Andrei, kmoir, Ada,
- Thursday/Friday: 46.0b11 desktop build and release.
- Monday: beta->release merge and RC build.
- Latest Flash plugin blocks are now live (bug 1263476).
- Requesting uplift of bug 1245956 to ESR 45.
- Overall rate: 1.7 - browser: 1.0, content: 0.7 - yellow (target: 1.5)
- 3rd-party (eOppMonitor.dll) crash bug 1229252 is 1.2%
- Overall rate: 1.2 - yellow (target: 1.0)
- AsyncShutdown crashes (main sanitize bug 1258350) are 2.3% of b10 data. Apparently needs bug 1258354 for diagnosis - but we may be too late in the beta cycle to even still diagnose that :(
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=698882#c110 - Shutdown hang that is nom'd for uplift to Aurora47 (not sure if we want to consider for Beta 46)
- gfx crash bug 1189715 is 1.2% with new signature
- Overall rate: 0.99 - yellow (target: 0.95)
- Flash game/ad crashes of bug 1252152 are still ongoing, though at lower level - patch in the bug seems to have helped on nightly, we may want to uplift to 47 for sure, possibly to 46.
- Trusteer bug 1255026 on Mac (trf.dylib@0x1c3a7) ?
- This is 70% on startup and therefore making it the #3 Top Crash Score on 45.0.2 even though it's a Mac-only signature
- noticeable spike in crashes for https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1264504 in 45.0.2 - overall only 0.3% of 45.0.2 crashes so far but it was 0 in 45.0.1
- Android looks good on all channels other than Nightly.
- Current release has better rates than previous, current beta data may be slightly better than previous, still some room on both to match 41 data though
- Aurora data is very flaky but seem to be at least in same area as previous train, and not worse.
Aurora / Dev Edition
For any crash fix landing on beta 11, I would like help looking at crash-stats early Monday morning to evaluate if the patches can stay or if we need to back out. Please comment in the bugs with an update from crash-stats. n-i Liz if you see a crash fix that gets worse or just stays the same - thanks!
- [Andrei] We'll try to help out here and monitor crashes.
- affects all channels: system addon issue https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1264383
- Which addons does this affect? How bad is this problem?
- [Jorge] Potentially affects hundreds of add-ons, since TabSelect is a very commonly-used event. As I understand it, the problem is that the event listener isn't being removed correctly, which is a relatively minor problem (a little bit of memory being used unnecessarily, and possibly some JS errors in the console). It's unlikely to break add-ons.
- we regressed autoplay of mp4s in 45 https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1262184 May have a patch last minute for 46.
- [desktop] The most recent Flash Player plug-in block request has been successfully verified - see https://bugzil.la/1263476
- [desktop] FHRv2 eol is currently being tested, potential issues have been uncovered and forwarded to :dexter and :thuelbert - see https://goo.gl/kYG07g
- This is affecting everything pre Fx42.
Aurora / Dev Edition
- [Bogdan][per-monitor DPI] I found a new issue that could block the release of the feature in beta 47, it breaks the layout of Firefox just by dragging FF from one screen to another. Developer (Jonathan Kew) is aware of it, talked with him on IRC.
- [Camelia][Synced Tabs Sidebar] The feature looks pretty good. There were 4 important issues: 2 of them are fixed for Desktop side(bug 1250866, bug 1250531), one is fixed on Nightly and need uplift on Aurora (bug 1250085) and the last one is no longer a blocker because is not related to Synced Tabs Sidebar (bug 1252058)
- there still are some issues which are fixed only on Nightly and a few new issues. None of them is critical/major.
- [desktop] We're in the process of signing off Pocket System Add-on for pre-release, our _main concern_ at this point is https://bugzil.la/1263599
- [Mihai] Signed-off Fennec 45.0.2
- Signed-off Fennec 46 Beta 10
- Release build promotion for 46.0
- ready for QA deadline: Wed (Apr-20) European morning?