Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10am Pacific Time
- irc.mozilla.org #planning for backchannel
Video/Teleconference Details - NEW
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 99951 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 99951 (US)
- Vidyo Room: ReleaseCoordination
- Vidyo Guest URL
lizzard, Cornel, kmoir, Andrei, jorge, calixte, philipp, Ioana, Teo, ritu, Mihai P, Mihai Ninu, Flaviu, Bogdan, Petruta, Camelia, Ada, Florin, Mihai B, Iulia, lmandel, blassey
- 46 merge/release will be delayed by one week, to April 25/26
- 46 beta 9 planned to build Thursday, release Friday
- 46 beta 10 next Monday.
- 45.0.2 delayed
- a patch didn't apply to the branch (oh...)
- needs more testing
- Question about doing 45.0.2 esr (need a relbranch)
What is the crash rate compared to the target for each channel? What are the top 3-5 actionable bugs? What needs to happen next (investigate, find owner, waiting for patch, needs uplift)
Aurora / Dev Edition
- Overall rate: 1.8 - browser: 0.9, content: 0.9 - yellow (target 1.5)
- decreasing rapidly after bug 1259699 uplift, data since then looks pretty decent
- bug 1229252 was 2.5% in newer builds, but fix for that was uplifted now as well.
- outside of those already-fixed bugs, no larger issues of concern right now.
- Overall rate: 1.3 - browser: 1.2, content: 0.1 - red (target 1.0)
- Still a lot of influence from e10s as b8 hasn't been out for very long yet and this number averages over recent betas (this was nicer with experiments as turn off was immediate by date)
- AsyncShutdown crashes are 2.5% on 46.0b8, slightly over 80% of those are bug 1258350 (sanitize shutdown)
- HTTP shutdownhangs are 2.5% (#2 actually), I guess that's what the line below is pointing to
- check on progress of #3 topcrash/shutdown hang, https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1259089 fix landing in beta 9
- Overall rate: 0.98 - yellow (target 0.95)
- bug 1258562 (fixed in 45.0.2) is 2.6% of 45.0.1 crashes
- Is the trusteer crash mitigated (enough) for now on release? https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1254527
- Yes for Windows, no for Mac.
- need help figuring that out from crash data. Is the rate decreasing over time?
- Yes for Windows, no for Mac.
- visuals of the main signature for bug 1254527: https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/signature/?date=%3E2016-02-01&product=Firefox&signature=nsAppShell%3A%3AProcessNextNativeEvent#graphs
- ...and for bug 1255026 on windows: https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/signature/?date=%3E2016-02-01&product=Firefox&signature=trf.dll@0x140d8#graphs
- ...and for bug 1255026 on os x: https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/signature/?date=%3E2016-02-01&product=Firefox&signature=trf.dylib@0x1c3a7#graphs <- this one seems to have stayed unchanged till now
- All channels on mobile look pretty decent in overall rates - while not completely down to Fennec 41 levels (which were pretty close to the best in history.), we are about halfway back to those levels
- [mobile] We still see many issues with Sync that affects some of the work we do. https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1261753
- [desktop] [Andrei] This is also affecting the Synced Tabs Sidebar feature.
- [mobile] Major feature will be the notification one and Teo is reaching out to see why we don't receive them yet here. (sebastian)