From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

« previous week | index | next week »

Firefox/Gecko Delivery Meeting Details

  • Wednesdays - 11:00am Pacific, 2:00pm Eastern, 18:00 UTC
  • Mozilla Square Conference Room
  • 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
  • 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
  • #planning for backchannel
  • (the developer meeting takes place on Tuesdays)

Upcoming Releases

Schedule & Progress

Firefox 3.6.4

  • Found a new-ish blocker that will likely make us spin build #6
  • Shipping build #5 to beta audience right now
    • Rationale:
      1. We had similar problems in build 4:
        • Jim Mathies Bug 563377 - Flash fullscreen window refuses to close. r=bent, a=clegnitto
      2. We fixed a bunch of build 4 issues, so beta users are better off overall
      3. Need to see crash-stats, etc for build #5 so we are sure issues fixed between 4 and 5 are truly fixed
      4. Additional testing on closer-to-release code
      5. No update fatigue as the update is automatic
      6. Takes ~15 mins to flip the switch and sign-off, trivial from a resource standpoint

Firefox 3.5.10

  • Still on-track to release June 1st

Fennec 1.1 RC

  • candidate builds will be ready tomorrow or the day after

Jetpack SDK 0.4

  • stabilization has taken three RCs due to blockers being found in the first candidate and a blocker fix accidentally not landing in the second
  • final release delayed one day, now tentatively scheduled to release on Thursday, May 27
  • Release Process
  • Release Checklist

Firefox Sync 1.3

  • 1.3 server has been pushed out in the brand new PHX datacenter.
  • Found a new-ish blocker that breaks forms on minefield.
  • Shooting to release early tomorrow at the latest.
  • 20 localizations yo! Our l10n community rocks!

Highlights / Notices

  • Powering off FF3.0 machines ( blog post with details )
  • Support had a crazy Friday with Google's Pac Man doodle. All solved now!

Questions and Concerns

  • What if 3.6.4 isn't ready before June 1st?
    • we'll make a decision early next week on this
    • if it's a couple of days, likely to delay 3.5.10, otherwise we'll ship and hold back the advisories
  • Uptake to Firefox 3.6.4 build4 was slow - still an issue?
    • seems to have worked itself out
    • people weren't funneling as fast as we want, but numbers were standard

Press & Public Reactions

Future Releases: Planning & Co-ordination


  • action items from last week:
    • pfinch to bring forward competitive analysis info (PDF)
    • beltzner to report on 64-bit build issues
    • beltzner to provide tentative beta l10n prioritization
  • go over highlights and notices
  • go over questions and concerns

Action Items

  • beltzner to keep digging into 64-bit issues (OSX as x86_64 only? etc)
  • axel to start getting on l10n-merge

Highlights / Notices

Firefox 4 Engineering

Questions / Concerns

  • will there be a string freeze for the beta milestones? (bsmedberg)
    • don't think we'll have an explicit one, but we might use l10n merge -- Needs bug 568298 to enable l10n-merge (axel)
      • I'd actually like to have string freezes, even if just quick ones, to settle on the which revision to use for which locale a bit. A long weekend might be enough.
    • axel would like some sort of string stability date before a code freeze
  • it might make sense to occasionally drop all locales we're taking if we're asking for feedback on a UI heavy feature on a milestone. Just to not get tons of "not localized" as feedback (axel)
  • branching l10n for 1.9.3 should happen by locale, some locales should branch off of l10n-central, the majority though from releases/l10n-mozilla-1.9.2. Axel is gonna come up with a who-is-who, please CC on the relevant bugs.

Press & Public Reaction