Firefox/Features/Form Autofill/Credit Cards
Ship credit card autofill to the US/CA market, then iterate on the feature and add locales. Develop good telemetry to ascertain how successful we are at filling the right fields.
Phase I Project
- Purchase a Visa or Mastercard Giftcard from your local grocer. $100 USD or less. You can expense this through Expensify, or if you never actually purchase anything using it, spend it on groceries or whatever for yourself. Probably best to wait and see if you actually end up needing to charge something on the gift card before expensing. Any products you end up purchasing should be donated to charity.
- Open your default Firefox build/profile normally and visit 'about:profiles'. Create a fresh profile (for example, 'test').
- Open a terminal/console at the location of the Firefox install you plan to test. Run Firefox using the command "firefox -p (profile name)"
- Test. Usually you can bailout of a purchase at the confirm purchase stage after UX associated with credit card autofill has been displayed.
- Open your default Firefox build/profile again. You may find that the 'test' profile has been set as default. Visit 'about:profiles' to set your preferred profile back to default. Close Firefox.
- Open your default Firefox build/profile, visit "about:profiles" and delete (including associated user data) your 'test' profile.
Additional command line 'power tools' are available as well. Visit this MDN page for more information.
You can set the pref 'extensions.formautofill.loglevel' to 'all' to pick up debugging output from the form autofill code. The debug output handlers ('debug' and 'log') are defined at the top of FormAutofill.jsm.
- MVP Project Work Currently In Development
- Available MVP Project Work
- Completed MVP Project Work
- FormFill meta buglist
- [cc-autofill-mvp] Whiteboard tag for MVP bugs team is commiting to complete within the schedule.
- [cc-autofill-reserve] Whiteboard tag for low-priority bugs the team is not committing to complete within the schedule.
- [ccautofill] Whiteboard tag for bugs that require triage (clear this tag once triaged).
Inline Bug Lists
All MVP Bugs
38 Total; 11 Open (28.95%); 7 Resolved (18.42%); 20 Verified (52.63%);
All Reserve Bugs
53 Total; 53 Open (100%); 0 Resolved (0%); 0 Verified (0%);
Triage - Bugs Requiring Priority
0 Total; 0 Open (0%); 0 Resolved (0%); 0 Verified (0%);
Triage - Determining Backlog Status
|1649028||Mastercard starting with 542418 detected as Diner's Club||NEW||--|
|1651945||The Expiration date of the card is not being autofilled on homedepot.com||NEW||--|
2 Total; 2 Open (100%); 0 Resolved (0%); 0 Verified (0%);