July 21, 2015
- Tuesdays @1630GMT/1230 EDT/0930PDT
- Vidyo: ProgramManagement
- IRC #gofaster
- Dave T
- John G
- Ben Hearsum
- Discuss Q3 goal updates per team:
- Client integration (Mossop/rhelmer)
- Build pipeline (mrrrgn)
- Test automation (mbrandt or jgriffin)
- IdeaTown (nchapman)
- Updates (tarek)
- We now have a mailing list! If you're not on it, please add yourself: https://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/gofaster
- Weekly status reports will be going to that list around Wednesday of each week and archived on wiki.
- Please use our shiny new tracking bugs to track your work:
- https://bugzil.la/1184527: [Go Faster] Q3 Goal Tracking - Ship v1 of Firefox Experiments / Idea Town
- https://bugzil.la/1184524: [Go Faster] Q3 Goal Tracking - Implement lightweight build, test, and release pipeline for go-faster
- https://bugzil.la/1183866: [Go Faster] Q3 tracking - Client support for system add-ons install and update
- https://bugzil.la/1184528: [Go Faster] Q3 Goal Tracking -Security policy updates through new update service ("Balrog 2.0")
Roundtable and Q&A
Test Automation: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/go-faster-testing-pipeline
- Jonathan and Matt: question: will Go Faster support all the versions of firefox? (ie nightly, D.E., Beta, Release)?
- Krupa: hello writes their own tests in selenium
- Selena: and node
- Tarek: we have node tests that work on the server side API but I dont think there are end to end tests for Hello
- Hello questions can be discussed at 12:30 (PDT) meeting today (Larissa notes Mark Banner will join these meetings going forward)
- Rob: there is one end to end functional test in moz-central for hello that stands up a fake server
- In summary, we need to plan for /expect some manual testing in the beginning for Hello
Client Side (Rob and Dave):
- folks have been on PTO, so no major progress
- google doc: (please review) https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SI15ORlfsVcADerO9kSW31S5IUCYAsYlXSFS2Lbvo_s/edit
- we will want real time telemetry and exceptions reporting - looking to make raven.js work for this
Build Pipeline (mrrgn):
- Hello meeting set up today, goals are aggressive, we don;t have a hello add-on yet to make a test pipeline around yet. Meanwhile baseline pipeline work continues. Hopefully todays meeting will help us figure out where to put it (assuming balrog) and how we're going to get it there.
- open question: we're going to use balrog, not AMO for this?
- The mature UX spec is coming along! Coordinating with marketing and branding folks now. John is standing up web components for a basic splash/prelaunch site. (show us, when you're ready! :D)
- FTE coming soon!
- last week in Paris some progress was made see doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XCtVh8fDFbg_yPr1EHrx8Ry61lQI4bfVdWelKQfhopc/edit#
- we aim to provide an open service that will work on any client
- working with Ben to implement in Balrog, to keep a single ping mechanism in Firefox. This may or may not be the best solution, still determining.
- We'd like to build something that would work equally well on mobile platforms.