September 1, 2015
- Tuesdays @1630GMT/1230 EDT/0930PDT
- Vidyo: ProgramManagement
- IRC #gofaster
- Etherpad for live notes: https://gofaster.etherpad.mozilla.org/20150901
- Not Laura today, apologies.
Discuss Q3 goal updates per team:
- Client integration (Mossop/rhelmer)
** patch for loading system addons is in Rob's queue to review now ** following that is work to request new system addons ** hello is now working as a prototype addon ** https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1186172#c7
- Build pipeline (mrrrgn out, JP present)
** JP getting reacquainted, learning task cluster.
- Test automation (mbrandt or jgriffin)
** still on hold
- QA (krupa)
** Krupa out but her QA plan will hit the wiki this week
- IdeaTown (nchapman/jgruen/edwong)
- Updates (tarek)
- Fat Fennec (richard)
- l10n (axel)
Roundtable and Q&A
- Release Pipeline next steps - Laura's proposal from the list:
- Since we have a) Client support for Go-Faster add-ons landing next
week-ish and b) Hello implemented as an add-on, we can start building and shipping Hello on the regular trains that way. This would be almost exactly how we treat pdf.js and Shumway. This way we have a system add-on, but we're not shipping it any faster than usual, and can rely on the normal build, test, l10n, and update mechanisms. This is a way to stage the approach.
- During q3, we build some kind of protoype CI pipeline for shipping
Hello more frequently. Take an experimental approach. We don't need to get it working for all channels, or all OSes, or shipped to end users. We try using taskcluster and just doing builds for Linux, as a starting point, since that's probably the easiest.
- Shipping Hello as an addon in trains - which pieces need to go in which trains?
- Other topics?
- PRD out
- Mailing list! If you're not on it, please add yourself: https://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/gofaster
- Weekly status reports go to that list around Wednesday of each week and are archived on the wiki.
- Please use our shiny tracking bugs to track your work:
- https://bugzil.la/1184527: [Go Faster] Q3 Goal Tracking - Ship v1 of Firefox Experiments / Idea Town
- https://bugzil.la/1184524: [Go Faster] Q3 Goal Tracking - Implement lightweight build, test, and release pipeline for go-faster
- https://bugzil.la/1183866: [Go Faster] Q3 tracking - Client support for system add-ons install and update
- https://bugzil.la/1184528: [Go Faster] Q3 Goal Tracking - Security policy updates through new update service ("Balrog 2.0")