September 29, 2015
- Tuesdays @1630GMT/1230 EDT/0930PDT
- Vidyo ProgramManagement
- IRC #gofaster
- Etherpad for Minutes: https://gofaster.etherpad.mozilla.org/20150929
- [DONE] Client support for system add-ons install and update (Tracking: 1183866)
- In review; will land in 44
- [AT RISK] Implement lightweight build, test, and release pipeline for go-faster (Tracking: 1184524)
- Mitigation for risk is ship client support/hello addon via trains, starting in 44
- [ON TRACK] Ship v1 of Firefox Experiments / Idea Town (Tracking: 1184527)
- [ON TRACK] Security policy updates through new update service ("Balrog 2.0") (Tracking: 1184528)
- Implement Hello UI as an add-on [DONE early!!!], and ship it via go-faster.
- Ship via go-faster will be the new q4 goal
- Convert another feature to system add-on (likely Pocket).
- Ship Universal Search as a Firefox Experiment.
- Still right?
- Build out automation to begin shipping go-faster code updates.
- Need people and time from RelEng, A-team, and l10n.
- What else?
- Any other updates per team:
- Client integration (Mossop/rhelmer)
- Build pipeline (JP)
- IdeaTown (nchapman)
- Updates (tarek)
- Fennec (rnewman)