October 27, 2015
- Tuesdays @1630GMT/1230 EDT/0930PDT
- Vidyo ProgramManagement
- IRC #gofaster
- Etherpad for Minutes: https://pad.mocotoolsprod.net/gofaster_20151027
- Apologies from Larissa
You can join the presentation this Friday if you're interested.
Draft initiatives for H1:
- Go Faster: System addons infrastructure complete. Documented, simple, easy to ship/update, easy to localize. Teams outside go-faster building system add-ons
- Go Faster: Staged rollout of a system addon, with a/b testing, able to ship to a specified % of users
- Go Faster: Measurement infrastructure in place. Telemetry for go-faster addons. Capture usage (Q1) and errors (Q2)
- Go Faster: String delivery and updates are decoupled from trains. Go faster updates can contain string changes.
- Idea town launch: Release opt-in platform that allows us to perform controlled tests of new high-visibility product concepts in the general release channel of Firefox
- Idea town locale expansion: Expand Idea town beyond en-US
- Idea town metrics dashboard: Metrics dashboard to aid experiment authors in making decisions
- A Go-Faster demo session is scheduled at Mozlando. If you are leading a subproject, or otherwise have something Go-Faster related to present, assume a 5-10 minute presentation. Shiny visuals and demos strongly encouraged.
- Do we want to have any other group discussions? Let me know and I'll get them added.
- Ship Hello as a system add-on. [Subject to possible change.]
- Launch IdeaTown and the first Experiment on it.
- Design and build out automation to begin shipping go-faster code updates.
- Ship security updates separately from trains.
- Client integration (Mossop/rhelmer)
- Build pipeline (JP/rhelmer)
- IdeaTown (nchapman)
- Updates (tarek)
- Fennec (rnewman)